Chapter 27

"Luke I cannot believe you. I seriously need to get out of here."

"No, Tan." His hand softly grips mine, stopping me in my place as he pulls me towards him. "Please just, please stay."

"Luke, we haven't been okay for weeks."

"We can fix it."

I sigh quietly, watching him
cautiously as my eyes search his once again.

"I- you hurt me, a lot." The words come out just above a whisper as my voice breaks. I mentally want to scream at myself for crying again, especially in front of him but I can't help it.

"I know, I really am sorry. I didn't mean to say anything I did." I just stand still, my hand still in his, letting my eyes search his as I think of what to say.

I just wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me as I rest my head on his shoulder, tucked into his neck instead of speaking.

I let my eyes close, the tears still running down my face as he wraps his arms tightly around my waist, just keeping me close to him.

I can't help but relish in the feeling of his arms wrapped around me. I had gotten so used to his touch that when he wasn't around, I felt like something was physically missing.

We both just stand there in silence, neither of us saying anything but I feel his hand run gently across my back. I sigh softly, listening to the sound of his breathing as I try to calm myself down.

My heart constricts when I try pull back slightly but his arms remain tightly wrapped around my body.

I know I should probably leave his room but something inside me craves his company and the feeling of his arms around me while he stands so close to me.

"Please?" His voice comes out lower than before, almost trying to hide the crack in his voice.

I let his peppermint and vanilla smell invade my senses as I think about what he just said.

"We'll talk when I get back yeah?" I whisper softly but I know he can hear since I'm so close to him.

I feel his head nod against mine, lifting some of the heaviness off of me. Maybe things will be all right eventually.

>>>>>>>>>>

"So you know how Willie's been teaching me how to skate?"

"Mmh?"

"Well, I mean he's trying, I'm still not very good but I think I'm getting better."

"Yeah?"

"Tan, what's on your mind?" I take my gaze off the car window and off the moving scenery before looking at Alex as he turns to face me at a stoplight.

"I- nothing, go on." I watch as he looks at me hesitantly before turning his gaze back onto the road.

"Okay, Um well he taught me this basic kick flip, which is anything but basic but whatever. Anyways, I suck at skating, so I just gave up and watched him try this new hard flip thing he's been trying to get. He told me if he landed it, I'd have to kiss him. He kind of fell out of it, but I kissed him anyways."

I tried my best to stay focused on Alex's story, which was beyond adorable and I know I would gush over it non stop if I didn't have Luke on my mind. I can see how happy he is with Willie and I don't want my problems to affect the one good thing in his life right now.