One Time thing

"We got a mission," Tony announced as he walked into the living area. You were hoping it had nothing to do with the doctor.

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"We have new information on Abbott's whereabouts."

Abbott's plan was going into motion, you could stop it now with a simple warning to the Avengers, but you couldn't get yourself to say anything. You would have to confess to lying to them and talking with the enemy behind their backs.

"You okay?" Bucky asked. He noticed you tense at the mission of the doctor.

"I'm fine," you said, trying to brush up his concerns.

Tony opened a holographic screen, displaying a set of coordinates and images. "Abbott moved his base of operations from Siberia to the US. He's never been this close before."

That's a lie, you thought.

"This could be our only chance at catching him off guard." Steve got up from his seat to better examine the screen. "We should go with half the team; we don't want to attract attention."

"May I make a suggestion," Tony said as he tapped the screen. Images of various members of the team popped up. It included you, Natasha, Steve, Bucky, and Tony. But there was one other member displayed that made your stomach drop.

"You want to take Parker with us?" you asked. "Isn't this a little out of his comfort zone?"

"I want to give the kid a chase to work with a team. He's come a long way and I think it'll do him good," Tony explained. "It'll just be a one-time thing."

You wanted to argue, but everyone already agreed to have Peter along for the mission. At least it was decided that he would be accompanied by one of you the whole time. It still didn't sit right with you. You don't want any of your team to get hurt, much less Peter. Even if you have confidence in his abilities, you worry about what can happen.
You retired to your room when the meeting was done, but you weren't allowed to rest as you heard a familiar ringtone. You opened your floorboards and answered.

You expected to hear Dr. Abbott's voice but instead, someone else spoke. "When you arrive at our location, go to the east side of the building alone to receive further instructions."

When they hung up you were left sitting on the ground with a headache as you mulled over your situation. Nothing good was going to come out of this.