¹⁶ Blue Skies a Safety

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁶ - ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ sʜɪɴɪɴɢ

❛ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ɪs... ❜

'Welcome to Illinois'

The sign sounded mocking, Ven didn't like this. They had just made it to where they were supposed to, wherever that was.

He had seen the sign a while ago, the words caught up in his head as he stared at the sky.

The stars were gone now, they had made it to the city where the pollution and light hid them away, his heart saddened by it.

He and El made it off the bus, her eyes drowned with wonder as she scanned the crowd of people bustling and the flashing lights and the tall buildings.

His eyes were sad and longing, he was on guard, feeling danger all around him, his headphones snugly on his ears blasting music since there were too many people for his liking.

His hand was clutched in El's as she dragged him along, making sure neither got lost from the other.

Eleven became more comfortable in her surroundings which Seven was the polar opposite.

The two grunted when a man dressed in a fancy suit knocked into them making the man give them a dirty look "Watch it."

El stared at the mans retreating figure, grumbling. "Mouthbreather."

The two walked for a few minutes, the sparkly lights and tall buildings becoming abandoned ones and loud factories.

It was quiet though, which gave Ven enough time to take off his headphones and rest his brain from constant lyrics and melodies invading.

It was only them walking around, so though they were the only ones it still made him weary. The only sound being the hissing of pipes, the squeaking of animals--mainly rats-- and their footsteps on the oily streets.

The boy wanted to stop when he heard thoughts and actual voices but El just led him towards an alley, where the sounds were coming from.

When they began walking through the alley, it was filled with homeless people who didn't look at them, then there were the people handing bags of stuff to others who glared at the kids.

Ven tugged El towards him, sighing in relief when their thoughts left his head and they made it out letting go of the girl.

They continued on El's path, the boy feeling tired of walking though he didn't say anything.