53 - Forgive me

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

After finishing lunch in the kitchen, I walked back upstairs

After finishing lunch in the kitchen, I walked back upstairs. Ramsay practically shoved me out of my room and made me eat downstairs. He had to leave and rejoin KC and I understood why. But he remained with me until now because I was a mess. He didn't like seeing me in a state. I was also incredibly irritable due to a lack of sleep, exhaustion would soon take over. But I would have rather stayed with her.

I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes as I walked into our bedroom. I felt the warmth embrace me, the lights being dimmed. The bed was made with the finest silk and no one was to disturb her. Alessia was laying on the bed, her body being tucked in. Her eyes were closed. I had not seen her open them since that night. I missed those eyes of hers. She was here but not here at the same time. I missed her so much. I was waiting for her to wake up. She truly did look like a sleeping angel. I'm sure she would slap me for calling her that. Either way she was safe and home.

The past week was a complete blur. Alessia was in some sort of coma. She might have panicked enough that her body shut down and I was waiting for her to wake up. The doctors cleaned and bandaged her wounds but the coma, she needed to find a way out of the darkness. Back to me. I needed her. Every day that passed without hearing her swear was like torture. The doctors were hopeful but I felt incredibly useless, there was nothing I could do but wait.

I walked over to her side of the bed. Her skin was back to it's tan color. KC had brushed her hair neatly. I leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss onto her forehead. To tell myself that she was safe and alive. I really hoped my kiss would wake her but she didn't stir. I decided to take a shower and to wash my hair, perhaps it would help me sleep or maybe not. I tugged on my clothes, a T-shirt and joggers and dried my hair. I haven't left the house for a week. I hardly left her side for a week.

"Ace." A quiet voice breathed. I turned to look back at Alessia. I dropped the towel I had in my hands; my heart leaping. I walked over to her and kneeled by her side. I smiled looking at her, a gulp running down my throat. Placing a hand on her cheek we looked at each other. "You're awake." I breathed. Perhaps I might cry, she was awake. She was fine.

She blinked her eyes a couple of times, her lashes being full against the deep blue of her eyes. She breathed deeply as if she knew she was underwater before. She must have felt so sacred. She was thrown into freezing dark waters being bound and gagged. She didn't know if I could save her, she didn't know if she would survive. "What happened?" Was the first thing she asked.

I smiled and held her hand, caressing the back of it slowly with my thumb. "Sánchez happened." I sighed, wanting nothing more than to keep her safe. "And did you kill him?" She asked, her words being tinged with amusement. She raised a brow, still looking at me with a soft smile.

"No." I shook my head. After I saved her, my men searched the grounds looking for him, but could find no trace. He disappeared. And I didn't care to look for him until she was awake but I had men looking. She frowned. I didn't know what he did to her and I would ask her later. "Why not you idiot?" She asked. There it was, the reason I fell for her. I chuckled. "What's so funny?" She slapped my hand away.