-ˋ 09

CHAPTER NINE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THE DEAD RISE

. . .

"Long time no see Tiger, what a coincidence that you're here as well." Luke - or Leo - said, looking like absolutely nothing had happened. "It seems you've had a busy year without me." 

"No literally shut up, you don't get to talk right now." Tiger replied, her jaw set and stare determined but her head spinning s she dragged Leo just past the Entrance Hall and into one of the nearby, quieter classrooms. 

James followed them quietly, remaining around the corner from the pair. Tiger had asked him to stay nearby, but they still needed some level of privacy, and so he wasn't going to breath down their necks. He was just there in case something went wrong, Tiger needed him or if someone was trying to go down that corridor, and in that situation James would stop them. 

Leo didn't say anything more, watching carefully as Tiger stood before him, clearly confused and her mind racing. He sat down on one of the window seats, holding out his hand in an offer for Tiger to joined him. The Howell girl quickly waved it away, and instead remained stood, pacing back and forth. 

"Why are you alive?" Tiger began, the words shaking. It was a strange question, to anyone who would have passed by. "Why are you here - why aren't you in the grave that I visited before leaving America. Why didn't you die, Leo?"

"Tiger, that explosion didn't kill me - it never did." Leo said, but Tiger held up her hand, silencing him. 

"Leo, you're supposed to be dead. Then next thing I know you're in the seaside time where Marlene lived, going by Luke and then at King's Cross, then you're sat at the Ravenclaw table laughing along like you're not supposed to be over in America, dead." Tiger continued, feeling as if she wanted to cry, but too angry and confused to actually let any tears out.

"I thought I was seeing a ghost when I saw you on the train, and then it turns out you're real. You're supposed to be dead, but you're here of all places. Merlin Leo, why did you have to come to Hogwarts. I was getting over you, I'd managed to get over the fact that you were dead Leo." Tiger finally sat down, the other side of the windowsill from Leo. 

"Can I talk now..?" Leo asked, slightly hesitant as he glanced at Tiger, who nodded, staring ahead. "I didn't die, but I collapsed and was in hospital for a while.. I don't know whose grave you visited but I wasn't in it." 

"Clearly." Tiger sniffed, wiping her eyes and making sure that Leo couldn't see her. 

"My parents didn't tell me anything, just that I had been out for a few months and I couldn't remember anything. It started to come back, but I didn't mention anything because for some reason they didn't seem to want to tell me anything even when I asked about Ilvermorny they always shut me off." Leo began to explain, shifting slightly closer to Tiger, frowning as she flinched. 

"I remembered Tiger, I remembered everything. And then, when I had moved to a small seaside town with my parents and I met Marlene in that coffee shop and I heard all about her friends Lily, Lydia and Tiger. And exactly how common is the name Tiger. And how common is that name, really?" Leo continued. 

"It took a little while to convince my parents but I convinced them I had to go to Hogwarts. I had heard from Marlene how Olivia had come over and was tormenting you. I had to come back and see you and explain that you hadn't killed me." Leo said, and Tiger glanced at him for a moment, before staring back down at the floor. 

"And now you're here. Didn't think to come to find me maybe on the train or on the platform? Not even after the train had arrived at the station? No, everyone just has to wait until we're in the Great Hall eating dinner. God, can't I have just one feast without some problem." Tiger groaned, wiping her eyes once more. 

"I didn't think it would be entirely appropriate to have this conversation in a place where anyone could hear." Leo shrugged. "And talking about the hall - who was that guy you were sat with." 

"There was a multitude of guys Leo. But one of them was my cousin Remus, his boyfriend Sirius, their bestfriend Peter and another of their best friends, my boyfriend, James." Tiger said, watching for Leo's reaction. 

"Boyfriend?" Leo asked, and around the corner, James couldn't help but smirk, only slightly cocky about what Tiger was saying. 

"Yes, Leo, I have a boyfriend believe it or not. And you have a girlfriend, before you forget." Tiger said, standing up. "He's waiting for me, and I suggest you make your way to Ravenclaw tower and.. just leave me alone for a while." 

"Where is Ravenclaw-" 

"If you follow me back you'll find someone." Tiger said shortly, before getting up and stalking off, still trying to process the news that her ex was very much alive.

And that she hadn't killed him, she never had.