Chapter 7: Rage

Cole

They say there are 2 sides to a person. A normal one and a twisted side of us. I didn't fear anyone, except Oscar. And right now I was terrified of him. 

As soon as his eyes fell upon his pregnant girlfriend smiling with that innocent gleam in her eyes, rage consumed him.

She had only been put up for sale for less than 2 hours and there were already 17 people interested and 14 bids. This is the sick and twisted world of the mafia. Everyone assumed Oscar was dead and now they wanted to get their hands on her.

I knew some of the things they would do to her. And Oscar knew too. That made him all the more angrier.

Screaming in anger, Oscar grabbed anything within reach and started throwing and kicking them around the room.

He threw his fists into the concrete wall. Bits of plaster fell to the floor mixing with blood pouring from his hand.

"That's fucking it. I am getting out of here" Oscar yelled whilst struggling to lift himself off the floor.

I watched helplessly as he lifted his heavy body from off the floor. The strain and strength caused a sudden nose bleed, but that did not stop him. 

The rage in his eyes was terrifying. 

Oscar made more progress in 1 minute than he has over the last day. The threat of losing the love of his life was giving him strength. Oscar slowly walked over to his belongings and started putting his clothes on.

"What is going on in here?" the doctor questioned whilst rushing in with nurses behind him. 

"I am self discharging, that's what's happening" he yelled at them with blood trailing down his chin.

The doctor looked at Oscar with concern and looked to me for some answers.

"Doctor, just give us a minute, please".

The doctor remained hesitant, but respected my wishes. He knew I'd make sure my brother didn't pull off a reckless move.

The doctor and nurses slowly retreated out of the room weary of Oscar's sudden rage.

"Oscar, please"-

"Help me now" he snapped back.

"And then what Oscar? Tell me how you're gonna resolve this?".

Oscar grabbed his gun from out of his pocket. He stared at it intently before looking back at me.

"Brian tried to kill me and now he's trying to get rid of my woman and baby. So I'm going to kill him". 

Oscar shakily put some bullets in his gun before tucking it away in his waistband.

"You definitely weren't the smart one out of the both of us".

Oscar's head shot over to me and growled lowly.

"We have the upper hand. He thinks you're dead. He doesn't know I am working with you. If you show up still weak, he will kill you and Eleanor will still be sold off to a sadistic fuck. He will still win, so we need to play him at his level. I'm going to bid on her". 

Oscar threw his bag down and rushed over towards me. Before I could blink, he shoved me into the wall and stared me down. I couldn't help but shudder at the sight before me. His arm pressed against my neck with blood pouring down his face.

"You're gonna bid on her? You already did that and you caused her to become a shell of a person. I won't let you take her away again and hurt her".