Ice

Ellie sat with her girlfriend, their legs dangling between the crevasses of the rocks. She was reading her book intently, one of her hands laced with Ellie's as they rested on her lap. Ellie merely watched her read, rubbing over Hermione's hand with her thumb.

Harry's voice called out from the tent. The girls looked in the direction to see Harry rushing over to them, holding his Snitch triumphantly.

"Ellie? Hermione? You were right," Harry announced as he quickly stepped over the gaps separating the rocks. "Snitches have flesh memories, but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it.

Harry was now running over to them, his eyes frantic with realization. He handed the Snitch to Hermione as Ellie leaned over to inspect it.

Engraved on it were small words painted in black, its words forming a short but cryptic message.

"I open at the close," Hermione read out loud.

"What do you think that means?" Harry questioned.

"I don't know," Hermione admitted as she scurried to pick up her book once more. "I found something as well."

Ellie looked at her girlfriend with a raised eyebrow, her expression aghast.

"And you didn't tell me first?" Ellie scoffed with a light-hearted tone, pretending to be offended.

Hermione quickly pecked her girlfriend's lips with a smile. "Darling, I literally just found out."

Harry scooted to sit on the opposite side of Hermione as she held her book out for the other two to see.

"At first I thought it was an eye, but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune, and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary," Hermione explained as she pointed to the symbol atop the first page. "Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book. Somebody drew it."

"Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding," Harry realized.

"Yeah, I recognize that symbol too," Ellie added.

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" Hermione questioned, though it seemed more like a question to whoever drew it.

"Look, guys, I've been thinking. I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born. It's where my parents died," Harry explained.

"That's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you," Hermione countered as she stood up, pulling Ellie up with her.

"Yeah, but it means something to him too, Hermione. You-Know-Who almost died there," Harry reasoned as he scrambled to his feet as well. "I mean isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a Horcrux?"

"He's got a point. You-Know-Who seems like the sentimental type," Ellie chimed in.

"It's dangerous, Harry," Hermione warned as she began walking back to the tent, Ellie grabbing the Gryffindor's belongings so she wouldn't have to carry it.

"But even I have to admit, recently I've been thinking we'll have to go there. I think it's possible something else is hidden there," Hermione admitted.

"What?" both Harry and Ellie asked in sync.

"The sword," Hermione answered, turning her head to look at them. "If Dumbledore wanted you to find it, but didn't want it in the Ministry's hands, where better to hide it than the birthplace of the founder of Gryffindor?"

"You're brilliant, my love," Ellie grinned cheekily.

"Hermione..." Harry trailed.

The three of them stopped in their tracks, Hermione and Ellie sharing the same idea as they looked to Harry.