𝚃𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚘 & 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚣𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊

It is a bright and sunny day, the sky is clear and everyone is having the time of their lives either being in the pool or by just hanging out by the benches to relax.

With Y/N's class also in the same place they are in. Smiling and laughing on whatever conversation they have with her donut shaped floaters on her.

She's not a bad swimmer but she can only go as far as her feet can touch the bottom.

Her feet padded on the water while staying afloat with the help of the floater and her arms stretched out as she enjoy the cold water.

It's rare for her to go to the beach or even the public pool since her parents were always busy with their work. The last time she can remember going to these places are with her cousins who likes dragging her along to their road trips.

Y/N is happily swimming around and floating on her back when she bumped on a hard surface.

"L-L/N!"

She struggled on adjusting herself back up and turning to the familiar boy with brown hair and eyes, and a light blush on his cheek.

"Eiji-kun, I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was floating to."

The boy stood in front of her with the water only on his chest level.

Kitamura Eiji was assigned as their class representative. He's always the confident kid with his looks and brain but being in front of her, that confidence always seem to deflate.

"N-no! That's okay, L/N-san! N-n-nice floater!"

He mentally slapped himself for stuttering too much. But his internal scolding halted when the girl smiled at the compliment.

"You think so? I wanted to get the one with a pizza slice shape but this have dinosaurs on it. Do you like dinosaurs too?"

It was too much for him. That smile, that swimsuit. She was too cute for him to handle.

"Y-yes! I like dinosaurs... and pizza! I-I think they are cool a-and.. delicious! I mean the p-pizza... "

He have a crush on Y/N ever since day one but never really got the confidence to confess, or even talk to her. And his friends thought that this was the best chance that's why they pushed him in the pool to urge him to talk to the girl.

"S-say, L/N-san... do you... do you like maybe... am..."

He trailed off on his words when he saw that her attention was on him and that smile is on her lips. He can feel his face warm up more every second he remain standing in front of Y/N.

-----

"Tsukishima! Get your flat bum up there!"

Kei is being pulled by the sophomores who's been forcing him to take the slides with them. He didn't budge for one bit but it clearly shows the irritation on his face.

Yamaguchi swam at the edge of the pool to tell them to let his bestfriend be since he's not really fond of the pool which they eventually gave up for calling him names like the usual.

"This is one of those times I'm thankful that you're always clinging to me, Yamaguchi."

"Hey! I'm not that clingy!"

He protested, resting his arms by the edge with a contented sigh.

"Going to the public pool is really nice though."

"What's making the water nice is bacteria and pee. So, no thanks."

"You know, it's really gross when you say it like that, Tsukki... by the way, looks like Y/N-chan is really close with her classmates too. I remember how she's always too shy to talk to anyone before."

Yamaguchi recalled those times when Y/N will always be quiet in a corner, being the new little kid and a transfer student that she found it hard to make new friends in a completely new environment.

Of course, Tsukishima remember that too. The three of them have been together for who knows how long.

When he turned at the direction on where his freckled friend is looking at, Kei noticed that she's talking to a brown haired boy with a pale skin.

The boy's face and ears are an exception that they are so red he almost resembled a tomato.

A rotten tomato.

Y/N is smiling at the boy before her who rub his nape, his throat can be seen bobbing from gulping.

"L-L/N-san... I was thinking if... if y-you want to... to haveㅡ get some crepe after! Like... before we... we go home..."

Y/N was surprised at first because this is the first time that they had a conversation where he didn't run away from her. It was refreshing and it also made her happy that he didn't hate her at all.

"Suㅡ"

She was about to respond when an arm hooked around her neck from behind and tugged her.

"No. We're already getting one later, Tomato-san."

"M-my name is not Tomatoㅡ"

Eiji protested. His eyes widened at the guy towering before them.

A tower?! No... godzilla?!

"Kei-kun! This is my classmate, Eiji-kun. Eiji-kun, Kei-kun. My boyfriend."

My boyfriend.

Those two words echoed inside the brown haired boy's head like a broken record.

Seeing the shorter boy's state, Tsukishima smirked and dragged Y/N along with him to the other side of the pool.

"I'll see you in class, Eiji-kun!"

Y/N waved at the still dumbfounded and brokenhearted boy while being dragged by the floater around her by Tsukishima.

It took him a while to process what he just heard. Wiping his tears away with his arm and with a sniff, he glanced at the two where Y/N was splashing water on Kei.

I'm not a Tomato, you Godzilla.

-----

"Kei-kuuuun~ I thought we're getting crepe?"

Y/N whined when she plopped down on his bed when Kei insisted that they have strawberries at home that's why he dragged her along.

"Crepes are nothing but overpriced dessert consists of flour and half chopped fruits."

"Eeeeh? You're so stingy sometimes, Kei-kun.."

"Huuh?!"

*****

A/N: Just a glimpse of the newest original character in the story, Kitamura Eiji.

xx

xx