Chapter 6

(Percy's Dream)

"Do you think you're important now? Do you think that now you're a God you have some form of meaning to this world? Spoiler alert you don't, you're still useless, disgusting, pitiful, and nobody needs or wants you here."

'Stop it.'

"Nobody even wants you alive so why do you keep pushing. All you're doing is burdening the people around you. Your nothing but a spaz that everyone finds annoying"

'I'm not.' I cover my ears trying to block out the noise

"Do you really believe that? Do you really think people in this world care about you? All you've ever done is cause people trouble even Mom finally realized that. She got rid of you when she finally realized that you're more trouble than you're worth. She doesn't love you anymore."

'She was just trying to protect the baby. She still loves me.' Tears start rushing down my face as my emotions start to get too overwhelming.

"That's right, cry, cry because you know I'm right and you know you don't mean anything to anyone. You are a mistake, father said it to you himself. He said he wished you were never born."

'He didn't want me to be born into the life of a demigod.'

"HE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BE BORN AT ALL! All you've done is cause some trouble. You go to him when you need help and bother him with your phone problems."

I dropped my knees. 'The gods do the same. They come to me whenever they need me to fix their problems.'

"The gods are above you. They're more important than you. They have a place in this world. You're nothing."

'Stop'

"Pitiful"

"Disgusting"

'Stop'

"Useless"

"Mistake"

"Troublesome"

'Stop it'

"Idiot"

"Pitiful"

"Disgusting"

"Useless"

"Mistake"

'STOP IT!'

(End of dream)

I shot up in bed gasping for air and sweating bullets. I'm pulled into a hug by soft green arms. There's shushing above me as the hands attached to the arms start to rub my back and tell me everything ok. My breathing stedys and I stop shaking.

"Are you alright my Lord?" I look up to see another nymph with long green hair that goes to her elbows and the green skin with flowers/vines that cover her body as if they're clothes sitting on the bed next to me. "I'm fine now, I think, but who are you?" She smiles at me and puts her hand on my face. "I am Lydia, one of the nymphs that will be taking care of you. I'll be taking my leave since it appears that you're okay now. I assume you'd want to take a shower since you're covered in sweat. I left a shirt, pants, and underwear along with the socks next to the sink in the bathroom. Everything you need will be in there." She gets off the bed and nods at a door to my right before walking out of the door farthest to my right in front of me.

I get off my bed and take in my surroundings that I had to ignore before. 'Holy Zeus this room is freaking huge. I guess since this is a big house the rooms would be big too.' To my right are two long soft chairs on the right side of the door that apparently leads to the bathroom and in between those is a big mirror .