FOUR

My mind was full of thoughts and unanswered questions from the evening before.

Shoto had left so suddenly. I mean, I suppose I did just bring him up to fix his wounds, but we were mid conversation.

Not to mention, if he had somewhere to be, why didn't he go there to begin with?

The thing that was running through my head the most as I laid in bed last night though, were his last words to me.

I'm glad we aren't strangers anymore.

It shouldn't have bothered me as much as it did, but I didn't understand what he meant by that. Did that mean I would see him again? Or was he just being polite?

No he doesn't seem like that type to say something meaninglessly.

I shook away the thoughts, exhausted over this intriguing man constantly taking up space in my head for the past twelve hours.

Slipping on my tennis shoes, I crouched down to say a quick goodbye to my pets. Both of them knowing the routine of me leaving in the morning.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Seiko: Out front. Chop chop bitch.

After grabbing all my things I left my apartment and made my way downstairs.

I knew I shouldn't tell my friend about what happened last night, they would tell me I was stupid for bringing a stranger into my place all alone. Especially after how weak I was yesterday. But, sometimes I wish they'd acknowledge I could handle myself.

I stopped a few feet away from the car and exhaled, stretching out my limbs. The warm sun rays were peeking through the clouds today and it was an immediate rush of relief.

My skin became glowier than it was moments before and for a brief second I could feel the blood coursing through every vein in my body.

This is what I needed.

"Okay you human sunflower, get in the car." Seiko beckoned with their hand, hanging out of their jeep window.

I giggled and snapped out of my trance, running around to the other side of the vehicle. Soft alternative music played loudly through the speakers, shaking lanyard covered in pride pins on the rear view mirror back and forth. I turned down the knob so I could think properly.

"Good morning." I greeted, pulling one of their horns down playfully.

"____ if you don't...", they smacked my arm in response, then reached into the cup holder next to them, "Here I brought you this. Your favorite."

"Did you know I'm in love with you." I exclaimed, taking the coffee with utmost excitement.

Seiko began driving, leaving my apartment complex and heading to work. I took a sip of my coffee and sighed, the morning was off to a decent start.

"You'll have to get in line," They teased, putting on a pair of sunglasses.

"Did you rest well last night?" They continued, "I know the storm came through even harder when you left, so you didn't have any time to recharge outside."

I hated how weird this situation felt.

"Yeah. Went home, ate dinner, cuddled up with my babies, went to sleep." I replied.

And somewhere in between brought a really hot wet guy inside and he got half naked in my living room.

I thought to myself.