Chapter 24 {The Kingdom Next Door}

"Woah! The sea is so beautiful!" Cynthia stuck her head out, admiring the scenery that had welcomed them. Their carriage after a long trip from Edolis, finally reached the land of Anatasial. Her blue orbs sparkled at the sight of the crystal blue waters of the sea. The scent of salt and cries of seagulls differ so much from the easy lushes forest of Edolis that she had grow accustomed to.

"Anatasial is a kingdom known for its port and beautiful beaches. Trades such as seafood and pearls are much more easily found in Anatasial. They have been a great trading partner for centuries" Anthony, the blonde prince explained while looking at his awed fiance in amusement. He had visited Anatasial before so the seas and ocean breath is nothing new to him.

"A-Ah right" Cynthia shrunk back when she remembered that she was travelling in the same carriage as her fiance. She cried in her heart at the misfortune of missing the chance to spend the road trip with her friends instead. She could only smack a bright smile and looked like she was enjoying the ride in his presence.

The prince, however, wasn't fooled and internally sighed. To be honest, this trip wasn't his idea nor was he too fond of it. In fact, he already had some plans if not for this little voyage. While he gets to spend more quality time with his dear fiance, he wasn't too keen meeting the neighbouring kingdom's royal family. Both sons, even though their meeting was brief a long time ago, he found their company less than bearable. Especially the eldest one, he—

"Your Highness?" His fiance blinked at him and snapped him back to reality. She was kinda unnerved a bit when he suddenly went silent. Heck, she can see some hint of annoyance in his golden eyes.

'I didn't even do anything yet?!' She screamed in her heart. It's like walking on a landmine with every step could lead her to death.

She doesn't care if she's being fucking paranoid! Everyone may underestimate him for his age but she had already seen many anime with younger and more manipulative characters to let her guard down with him! Fictional characters can be so scary...wuwu.

Unaware of the internal conflict inside the girl's head, the prince only smiled charmingly. "It's nothing. Simply lost in thoughts. It has been a while since I last been to this kingdom.." His smile turned a bit stiff. "...wasn't the fondest memories" he muttered under his breath.

"Eh?" Cynthia stared at him and was about to question it if not for their carriage stopping.

"Ah, it seems like we have arrived" Anthony glanced at the large gates leading to a larger palace. The Royal Guards greeted their carriage along with the other one following theirs close behind. The one which the other girls were riding.

Without any haste, their coachmen informed the guards of their visit which allowed the easy passage. Even though the clear and large crest of the Avalon Royal Family which was imprinted upon the carriages could easily identify them. The beautiful golden lion with large magnificent wings that shield its body.

"...I hope the Royal Family of Anatasial is nice" Cynthia suddenly spoke up as their carriage continue their way towards the palace. The front gate was a bit of a distance from the actual palace for security measures perhaps? Whatever, she just nervous to meet them. There was little information about them from the game since Edgar, the second prince doesn't mention them that much. Only that he was simply raised by his father and had an older brother.

"The Drexel is a rather...proud family. I'm actually surprised that they wish to set an engagement with a noble family from different kingdom nonetheless" Anthony leaned on the side with his chin plopped onto his palm. "The Thalias are only the status of a Count, not something that could have caught the Drexel's eye...I wonder what could it be..." He trailed off with a hint of suspicion dripping from his words. Though, his blonde fiance didn't take kindly to them.