Chapter 20

"I'm so sorry for what happened to him, girl. Send my regards to Trevor."

"I'll tell him, of course," I replied.

"Maybe I could come over later?"

"Sure, that would be great!"

"Okay, then. I have to go for lunch with Hunter. You should go back too," Chelsea said to me.

"Yeah, right. See you later then."

I smiled at her and walked to the lift.

It's been four days since the traumatic incident that happened to Trevor. He has yet to talk to us about what happened that night. We didn't pressure him; we just asked him once. It seems that the incident had taken a toll on him. There were times when he woke up screaming during the middle of the night, recalling the incident, which we had to calm him down. Hailey was also devastated by what happened to Trevor, seeing that both of them were friends for a very long time.

She and I take turns to take care of him, well, Hailey mostly. She would miss her classes to take care of him while asking me to go to work. I took a half-day off today because Hailey can't be missing a lot of lessons. I thought Mr.Sanders would say anything about this, but he didn't. He told me to work from home for the rest of the day, which was great because I had many tasks to be done as soon as possible.

I walked towards my car, which was parked in front of the building this time. My phone buzzed, so I took it out to see a text from Hailey.

Hailey

I'm going out now. I told Trevor you'd be there soon.

I replied to her.

Okay. Be prepared to get an earful from Mr. Jones from Chemistry.

I smiled, looking at the text, and went inside my car.

Before going back, I have to go to a 7-Eleven because there was no ice-cream left in the fridge. It took me a few minutes to get there as they were a few of them in the city.

I grabbed a few tubs of Ben and Jerry's and a few bars of chocolates and paid for it. Then, I drove myself to our favorite Chinese restaurant because obviously, no one can cook lunch today.

I sent Trevor a text telling him that I was here to give him a heads up. That is because a few days ago, Trevor freaked out when Hailey arrived at the apartment unannounced. I took everything off the car and walked to the lift to go to my apartment.

"Trevor, I've bought Chinese for lunch," I said, placing the food on the dining table.

"Hey, babe. I was going to tell you to resume your work but you were already here when you texted me," he told me while he walked, well limped, towards me.

"Never mind. Mr. Sanders asked me to work from home for the rest of the day," I replied to him when I was placing the ice creams in the fridge.

"Amy is that Ben and Jerry's? God, you don't know how much I've craved it the whole morning," he said.

"Well, you have it here but first, let's have lunch," I replied.

Since it was ramen, I poured everything into bowls for the two of us. The smell of it makes my stomach grumble. Both of us sat down and started eating.

"M-Mmmmm......this is so good! I swear they make the best food ever," Trevor moaned.

"I know, right," I replied.

"How're your injuries, by the way," I asked him.

"So far, it's healing pretty fast. Except for the one on my shin, it hurts like a bitch! If it wasn't for that I can walk properly now," he said.