Chapter-21

Here comes the next chapter!
Btw, It's in Nicholas pov.
Enjoy reading;)
*********

Nicholas

Fuck!
She was nowhere to be seen.

I felt raw anger at the thought of her getting away from me.
I will punish her and make sure she stays right in front of my eyes, always.
I groaned at the thought of taking her over my knee once again.

I roughly shoved Cassandra off me and started searching for her.
"Nik....come on, don't go" she slurred grabbing my hand.
My jaw ticked and I felt anger rising every passing moment.
I would have killed this slut if she wasn't useful to me.

"Remove your hand" I said in a low deep voice filled with warning.
"Noo....I lovee you....." she said batting her eyelashes seductively.
I was running out of patience. My anger was at its peak.
"REMOVE YOUR FUCKING HAND" I shouted shaking with anger. The people's attention were on us. They backed away with frightened faces.

She immediately withdrew her hand and sprinted away.
Fuck the bloody alliance!
I wouldn't have hesitated to slit her throat if she would have stayed any longer and she knew that. Everyone knew it and everyone feared my anger except my little princess.

The moment she walked through the doors my breath caught in my throat.
I could see her and only her and everything else around me didn't matter.
She looked like a pure perfection, so divine and captivating like the Goddess of Winter herself.
I wanted to slam her against the wall and kiss her until she was out of breath. I wanted to claim her in every possible way.

She is not ready for me yet.....I have to wait.

A burning desire erupted within me and my eyes darkened at the sensual images unveiling in my mind.

Fuck! I should focus on finding her first.

I remembered Cassandra approaching me this morning with blood gushing down her shoulders and accusing my princess for attacking her. I was surprised and didn't believe my princess could do such thing. She is kind, compassionate and full of light. I didn't think she would hurt anyone, but I was pleasantly surprised.
She had taken a stand for herself!

At the same time I worried about the alliance. The Vultures were strong force and I required a reliable ally like Cassandra. When it came to those bastards, I needed this alliance to be stronger than ever and I could not let it get impaired.
I did what I had to and agreed for Cassandra's demand.
She wanted me to be her escort for the ball and I unwilling agreed.

But, the moment I saw Isabella, I wanted to forget the damned alliance and go by her side. I couldn't endure her tormented state. The sadness in her eyes pierced my insides like thorns. If only she knew how much I had waited for this day to have our very first dance together.

I searched for her in the whole room and threatened the people to tell me about her whereabouts. A woman, pointed her finger towards the corner of the room and told me that she had seen her standing there just a minute ago. Before I could move along, I heard a voice behind me.

"Brother....." I heard his weary voice.
I turned back and saw Carter heavily breathing and panting as if he had run for miles without stopping.
"It's Bella...she's in danger...I-I learnt that the Vultures are planning to kill her tonight" he exhaled heavily.
"Search the castle and ring the warning bells" I ordered and without wasting another minute I rushed towards the exit near the spot she was standing moments ago.

Where could she have possibly gone?
I marched angrily along the long corridor. The warning bells now chimed loudly throughout the city.
How could she be so foolish to put herself in danger again? For the second time?
A panic surged through me as I restlessly searched for her.
I cursed myself for not protecting her.