4 - hospital

A/N: Hey y'all, I'm sick right now. I have been sleeping all day and too tired to write since I'm sleeping most of the day. I'm going to try and write another chapter today so I have it to post on Friday. Thanks!

Penelope POV

Once we got up to the hospital doors, Beth looked down at me. "Do you want me to put you down now?" She asked not to sure what I am comfortable with.

I shook my head no causing her to smile. She shifted me so our fronts were pressed together and I cuddled closer into her with my head underneath her chin.

I heard Mariana's thick accent speaking as we walked up to he counter. "Hi, my name is Mariana James and the girl being held is Penelope Winston. She had gone missing two months ago and was just found today with all of these bruises over her body."

I heard a new voice, "What is your relation to her and what do you mean just found?" I'm assuming the nurse asked.

Mari cleared her throat, "I'm her legal guardian. She had told her older sister who has since then passed away, that she was going on a school trip and that was not the case. We don't know where she's been or who she has been with, she won't tell us. We are worried about the bruising and want to make sure there's nothing else going on." Mari explained and the woman didn't say anything else except to follow her.

We made it back into a room where they left us for a little while. Bella and Mari had both taken a chair while Beth sat on the bed with me still in her lap. Shortly after we all sat down a woman doctor came into the room.

She took a look around the room before looking at me, "Hi sweetheart. I'm Dr. Lewis, but you can just call me Jo. I heard you have been gone for awhile?"

I slowly nodded my head as she smiled at me, "Are you okay with everyone in here with you? I can kick them out if you want?" She asked me so I looked up at Beth who gave me a reassuring smile.

I cuddled into Beth more if that was even physically possible, "Want them to stay." I told her quietly and she nodded.

"You got it, but if at anytime you want some or all of them to leave just let me know." Jo told me and I gave her a big nod.

There was a knock on the door and Jo answered it, behind were two cops, one male and one female. "We need to ask some questions to everyone here," the male cop said and I cringed while pushing my face into Beth's neck. His voice was rough sounding just like Michael's.

I think Bella noticed and spoke up for me, "Can it just be your partner? It's nothing against you, but the way Penny just acted doesn't seem like she's comfortable with you."

I couldn't see his face, but I didn't hear him anymore. "Do you have to ask them now, or can it wait until after my exam?" Jo asked the other cop who told her it had to be now.

"If you don't mind actually, could you three step outside and talk to my partner? We have questions for you all as well." The other officer who stayed behind asked.

I looked at her and whined slightly, "Beth stay." I told her while clinging onto the neckline of Beth's shirt.

Jo sighed at that, "We'd really like to talk to you privately sweetie."

I shook my head no to her quickly, "I leave if they all leave. Beth stay." I fought again. Finally the officer and Jo had both given up and let Beth stay. Beth kissed my forehead as Mari and Bella left the room.

"Alright, we can stop these questions at any time, just say the word. What happened the day you went missing?" The officer asked and I felt Beth start rubbing my arms in a soothing pattern. I knew I needed to be bigger, so I took a deep breath before telling her everything that happened, including the rape. They wanted to do a rape kit, but I told them it had been several days and I already showered.

Jo finished her exam around the same time the officer stopped asking questions. Jo looked over to Beth, "We need to run some scans, but I think she may have a couple of fractured ribs and she definitely has a concussion."

Beth kissed the top of my head before a nurse wheeled a wheelchair in for me to be taken to my scans. Beth sat me in the chair and I whined slightly at the lose of contact.

"It's okay sweetie, I can't go with you, but Dr. Lewis is going to take good care of you." Beth tried to tell me causing me to whimper but nod nonetheless.

I passed Mari and Bella as the nurse wheeled me away and they both gave me sad smiles as Beth walked out next to them.

Once we were away from the three women, the nurse stopped the wheelchair and Jo walked out in front of me. "I just wanted to ask you some questions away from them. How do you know them? And do you feel safe with them?"

I gave her a confused look, "I've known Mariana my whole life. I have never met her wives in person, but she was always talking about them. Mariana was my sister's best friend since elementary school. I've always felt safe with her, and surprisingly I feel comfortable with her wives even though I haven't known them long. " I told her and she smiled and gave me a nod.

The scans went quickly and soon I was being wheeled back to all of the women I came in with. As we rolled up I could see that Mari had been crying while Beth and Bella both had tears in their eyes.

Once Mari saw me she immediately picked me up out of the chair. "Penny, sweetie, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I promise you, you'll never have to experience anything like that again." She told me before kissing my forehead.

"I'm okay Mari. I just want to go home." I told her and she nodded before talking to Jo about getting me home.

Mari had to sign some paperwork so she handed me off to Beth as Bella grabbed the car.

I cuddled back into Beth's embrace as she swayed back and forth with me in her arms. "Can I take a nap Beth?" I asked quietly causing her to look down at me.

Smiling she nodded, "Of course you can sweetheart." She spoke softly. I gripped the neckline of her shirt as I closed my eyes letting the events of today wash away from my mind.