Chapter 56 - Great Expotations

WARNING SINGING AHEAD

A few weeks have passed and its now the science expo.

Varian is preparing to impress Cass... Again. It's like he doesn't see she doesn't like him (And he calls you stubborn!?)

people are getting ready to be judged, so many people have come from every Kingdom trying to impress the judge, Doctor St. Croix.

"Hey! (__) can you give us a hand here!" Cass shouts holding up a banner.

"Oh, yeah sure." You close your journal and go to help.

"I Don't see why the lady-in-waiting has to help set up for this thing." Cass groans and enviously watches guards walk by.

"Dumb science expo's for dorks, anyway."

"Hey Cass Don't-" you get interrupted.

"Who's ready for the expo?" Varian chuckles.

"Hey V!" You wave and accidentally let go of the banner.

"Oopsie..." You smile sheepishly as Cass stares at you annoyed.

"Hey, Cassie! Hey, you wanna see my new invention? Rumour has it, it is a shoo-in for the first prize in the contest." He whispers, "I started the rumor."

You giggle at him and Cass rolls her eyes.

"Oh. Hey, Varian. First off, it's Cass, not Cassie. Secondly, I'm slammed, so-"

Cass gets interrupted by Varian, "Oh, yeah, I... I hear ya. Hey, so did I tell you that my invention can create an entirely new element? I call it-"

Stan runs in front as Varian, "Cassandra, I thought you should know, the Captain is short on guards for the expo. This could be your big chance!"

You get off the ladders and walk over to Varian as Cass pulls Stan away.

"So... the machine works now Huh?" You sit on the table.

"Oh, yeah! And I've named the new element-"

Rapunzel runs over with some goggles on, "Oh, Hi Varian! We haven't haven't really spoken since..." Eugene interrupts Raps

"Since you and (__) made me fall off my chair. So glad you're here. With what looks like another invention."

"Please, I wouldn't miss a chance to promote the merits of alchemy. And wait until you see my invention. I think, uh, everyone at the expo will be impressed." He chuckles, "Cassandra's gonna be here, right? Not that I'm doing this for Cassandra! But, yes, she's gonna be there, right?"

You roll your eyes then walk off.

"Hey, (__) where you goin'?" Varian runs up to you.

"Oh, uh just going to see Sebastian, Leo's probably there to soo..."

"Oh cool! Can I come?" Varian looks at you with his bright blue eyes.

"Uh, sure... That's if your not busy with Cassandra..." you look away and keep walking.

"Uhm, no... I've got time before the contest then I can ask her to be my assistant!"

"Yay... Great!" You fake smile then keep walking till you get to the stable to see Leo and Sabastian's head.

They both come over happily.

"Hey, guys! Want some apples?"

They both nod.

You take your sword out of your belt and throw the apple into the air cutting it into quarters.

"Woah! Where did you learn to do that?!" Varian says while taking a slice.