Chapter 25. A Vampire Wedding Part 2

Here's part 2! I'm very excited posting this chapter. Enjoy and don't forget to vote ty <3

Olivia was still frozen in shock even after Sebastian had left her alone. When he kissed her hand, she was completely unprepared and didn't know how to react. After rapidly blinking a few times, the girl remembered that Lord Nathaniel was still watching from afar. Making her way through the crowd, she finally spotted him standing in the distance.

Once she walked over to him, she couldn't even bring herself to meet his eyes. She could only see that his arms were crossed over his chest.

"Didn't you tell me you were speaking to Victoria?"

She slowly turned her head up to face him, his slick black hair was brushed back allowing her to clearly see his beautiful face. His eyes were narrowed and cold, and his tone was bitter when he spoke.

"I did but... she left and then I bumped into Sebastian." She hoped her words would calm him down but his expression only grew colder.

"You don't listen to me do you?" He asked her bitterly. "How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from him?"

She was hurt by how he spoke to her, she didn't like this side of him as it made her feel like he was someone else and not the same Nathaniel that was kind to her. Despite her trembling fear of him, she tried her best to maintain a calm face while she looked into his eyes.

"He was the one who came to me." She argued to see him furrow. "It was a harmless conversation!"

Her loud tone had caught the attention of quite a few nobles who were stood nearby. She was too focused on him to notice, meanwhile, Lord Nathaniel could sense that more and more people were witnessing the conversation. Not wanting to cause a scene, he turned away from her hoping the argument would end there. However, seeing him ignore her only added more fuel to the fire.

"If I bother you so much Lord Nathaniel, why even bring me then?"

"Olivia not here." He spoke in a low serious tone as he glanced around the room.

His hand wrapped around her left arm, but she immediately yanked it away from him as she took a step back.

"Why can't you just let me explain myself?" She retorted.

"Olivia I mean it-"

"Lord Nathaniel" A gruff, masculine voice said from behind her.

Olivia immediately whipped her head around, her face turning pale when she saw a group of men who she presumed to be vampires, stood together. Lord Nathaniel took a step forward so that she was now standing behind him, which made her feel a bit safer.

"Councilmen."

His irritated expression had changed immediately, and he was now greeting them with a wide grin. The council members were all tall and old-looking vampires. They were all dressed in formal attire, and what made her heart race was that they were all staring directly at her. She looked up at the one who spoke, quickly looking away when his blood-red eyes met hers.

"Lord Nathaniel" Another council member said. "Why have you brought a human here with you tonight?"

The vampire had long greying hair tied in a ponytail behind his head, as well as some facial hair around his chin. Thankfully his gaze was turned directly to the Lord as he spoke.

"Why do I have to explain myself?" Lord Nathaniel scowled.

The girl was taken aback by how he spoke to them, then she remembered that he was the Lord after all and despite them being the council he was still above them. However, they didn't seem to be afraid of Lord Nathaniel, unlike others.