𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
[𝟎𝟑𝟏]
𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[IRL]

Six days was a long time for Elinor not talk to Wilbur face to face.

That was all she could think about as she laid restless in her bed. It was almost 2 am. Ivory had already gone off to bed. She wasn't sure about Wilbur.

Maybe I should just start streaming. The drive to the office isn't too bad. I'm sure the fans are awake.

Elinor tried to clear her mind but it stayed clouded. Even though they had talked things over, she couldn't help but feel that he was still upset.

Elinor sat up. She was wearing shorts and an oversized sweatshirt. She grabbed her phone and checked the weather.

With a sigh, she got out of bed. It was freezing, but she didn't bother to change her clothes.

The girl slipped on socks and shoes and grabbed her keys, taking off from her apartment. She shivered as the cold air hit her skin. Small snowflakes fell from the sky.

Her car was chilling, but she got in and drove nonetheless. The drive felt longer than usual.

She parked by the office, but found herself unable to get out of the car. Her body felt stiff.

I don't want to stream. I came all this way, it wasn't for this.

Elinor closed her eyes in defeat and threw her body over the steering wheel. She started the car back up and pulled away, driving to Wilbur's residence.

Her body was exhausted.

Elinor managed to stumble out of and lock her car. She noted that some of the lights were on. Pacing to his doorstep, she felt a certain weight begin to pit in her stomach. The air hitting her legs was unbearable.

She raised her fist, knocking on the door firmly. There wasn't any commotion that she could hear. "Answer the door, answer the door," Elinor chanted to herself. She knocked again.

A good minute or so passed before the door swung open to reveal a very awake Wilbur. His eyes shot open and he quickly ushered the girl inside. "Elinor, what are you doing? It's freezing out there!" He said with worry in his voice.

Elinor slid off her shoes and held onto him. Words weren't exchanged as he held her. Eventually, he managed to get her to the living room.

The boy had brought a blanket to her, which she thankfully accepted. Elinor stayed close to him. "I'm sorry," She mumbled into his chest.

Wilbur stroked his fingers through her hair. "For what?" He asked quietly. The girl only shook her head as a response. He nodded, silently comforting her. "You seem awfully tired."

"I am," Elinor admitted. "I haven't had a good sleep in forever."

"Would you like to sleepover here?" He offered. "If you don't want to I can drive you home, but you're way too sleep deprived to be out on the road."

"I would like that," She nodded. Wilbur shifted to look at her. He gently took her face in his hands and brought her into a brief kiss.

The girl held back her tears. Wilbur's hands still caressed her face, gently rubbing her cheek with his thumb. "You're beautiful," He smiled. "Also, I think I kinda like you."

Elinor snickered as she crossed her arms. "I think I kinda like you too," She grinned. Wilbur's hands dropped from her face and latched to her small hands.

"C'mon," He gestured, standing up. Elinor followed suit, abandoning the blanket on the couch and following him to his bedroom.

She had been in his bedroom before, but never under these circumstances. It was still as clean as ever. The girl clambered into his bed.

Wilbur slid under the sheets, wrapping his arms around her waist. She fit into his body like a puzzle piece.

Wilbur always had a way with words, but his sweet nothings that he whispered into her ear seemed to have an extra meaning as she listened. Elinor took deep breaths, holding tightly onto his fingers.

The room was mostly quiet, but it was obvious that both of them lay awake in the bed.

Elinor wasn't uncomfortable, but rather her mind was. There was a certain pressure in the back of her head that stung her thoughts. She didn't know how she was going to break the silence.

The girl managed to flip over so her cheek was on his chest without it being awkward. He mildly adjusted his position so he was flat on his back.

The sound of air rushing in and out of his lungs was comforting. His heartbeat was setting a tempo for the noiseless room.

Elinor sighed and he gently brought a hand to her hair. "What's on your mind?" Wilbur asked quietly, stroking her hair.

Elinor struggled to put her words together. Her confidence was crumbling to the size of a penny.

She looked up at him with bright eyes. He had a curious look dancing on his face.

The pressure in the back of her head was ready to be released.

"I'm ready to go public," Elinor whispered.

a/n:
i'm still on a hiatus but take this chapter as a christmas present!! (i'll be back in 2021!!) stay hydrated and stay safe xx

word count: 877