34.

I got up from my seat and ran out the room leaving Lia behind confused. I made my way to Soobin's office. I rapidly knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard him say. I busted through the doors catching him off guard.

"Woah April what's wrong." He asked pointing to my frantic state and puffy face.

"Forget about that. Where's Sunghoon?"

"Didn't you know, he left"

It's true. He really left. But I refuse to let him go so easily.

"Do you know where he went?"

"That's his business, not mine. And neither is it yours so please get back to work"

I let out a sign before apologising and going back to my office. I spent my lunch break walking around the whole building to see if I could find him. But I didn't see him once.

The day ended with me going home even more pissed than I already was. I opened the door and was welcomed with the dark empty living room, no cheerful Jay to greet me when he wasn't working, no dinner in progress, not even the TV on. I wasn't gonna hear Jay laugh anymore or any of his stupid jokes. I have to come home in a bad mood from now on.

That's it.

I turned around and made my way to the cafe.

The bells chimed signalling that there's a customer. Jay looked up surprised to see me again, the second time today. His face went back to one of guilt and then cold and expressionless.

I walked up to him only to have him walk into the kitchen. This made my heart ache. After some time a lady walked out.

"Hi how can I help you tonight."

I just gave her a random order. And when I got that order I left. I knew he didn't want to see me and I understood why. His life is in the fingers of an evil prick.

Days went on and days became weeks that became a month.

A month went on and I don't think I spoke anymore than 50 words a day. And they were only answering Lia's questions. She knew something was up and asked me what happened. I just told her my friend moved away and we ended on a bad note. She tried to cheer me up for the past month but gave up. I missed Jay so much, the house is awfully quiet and depressing without him. I visited once throughout the month and that day he wasn't even working. I haven't seen Sunghoon once and I just gave up looking for him. I guess life is slowly reverting back to when everyone forgot my name.

"Hey April"

I hummed in response not looking at Lia.

"Do you wanna grab some coffee with me?" I looked at the time and it was the afternoon but I still had lots of work to get done. I sighed and nodded my head.

"Really? It's been so long since you've agreed to go somewhere with me. I'm paying !" I was gonna refused but she gave me a look that told me she wasn't gonna take no for an answer. She was right, I'd always refuse to go anywhere with her.

My mind was too busy that I didn't realise we've already pulled up at a cafe. What a coincidence, it's the cafe Jay works at. I started to get nervous, I don't want to anger him or get him in trouble.

"April what are you doing? Let's go in" Lia opened my door so I could get out. I slowly got up and Lia was practically dragging me into the cafe. The same bells chimed inside the not so busy cafe. I watched as Jay lifted his face, it was still cold as ever. I'm not sure if this was possible but his face was even colder when he saw me.

Lia dragged me to the counter.

"How can I help you" Jay's voice so cold I felt goosebumps on my arm.

"Can I have a tall americano with creamer. What do you want April" her voice was warm and happy, opposite to what Jay sounds like. She nudged my arm so I could make an order.

"A small mocha" I said quietly. I wasn't even looking at him but I felt a piercing cold gaze on me. Lia dragged me away from the counter and to a table while we waited for our order.

"He's kinda cute" she said breaking the silence between us.

"Oh uh. He seems cold" I said but I know very well he's normally not like this.

"He seems like the cold bad boy type of guy" she giggled while eyeing him from our seat. I just slouched back tilting my head down.

Not long later our names were called. Jay handed Lia's drink to her and harshly shoved my drink to me. My heart started to ache.

We both walked away and into the car. That's when I noticed some writing on my cup. I lifted it up so I could read it properly.

Don't ever visit me again.

{17/12/20}
it's currently 4am but i wanted to update since you guys seem excited aha. <3

edited...