𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄:
𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

NOTHING BUT SHINING, COLD metal walls surrounded Aeryn as she sat by the corner of a small, dim-lit room. The little girl had her head faced onto the ground; her violet eyes fixated on the metal floor reflecting the light.

She did not quite understand why but her adoptive father, Moff Gideon, would often isolate her in this very room. Her stay would go on to several days until he finally decides to come visit her and continue her training.

Ever since she was taken care of the Empire, Moff Gideon made sure that his actions would not be of waste. He made sure that Aeryn, somehow, will become an instrument for the Empire's glory  because he knew that the girl was no ordinary child.

Keeping that in mind, he did not waste any time to train Aeryn's combat skills and abilities. He knew that in that way, his efforts of taking care of her will not be in vain. After all, raising a kid in the Empire was no easy task.

A small gasp escaped the little girl's lips as the metal door suddenly hissed; hints of smoke appearing from its side.

"Aeryn," Moff Gideon entered the room, slowly making his way to where the little girl sat.

The girl, however, did not falter. She looked directly at Moff Gideon's evil eyes as if she was stabbing him alive.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"What do you mean, my child?" he asked while still heading towards where Aeryn sat.

Moff Gideon finally reached the corner and observed the state of the child. She was wearing the same black training suit she was given underneath the dark cloak marked with the Empire's emblem on it. It was as if she had already been marked as a part of them. In a way, he knew she was just like a stormtrooper taken from her family but only this time, she was quite significant.

"Why do you always leave me alone?" Aeryn's voice quivered. "I don't like to be alone. I want to be with my friend."

"You don't have any friends."

"I have Din. I want to be with Din. I have to. I promised that I'll always be with him."

The Imperial Warlord was caught offguard by Aeryn's words. In fact, he found it entertaining enough to let out a hint of a chuckle out of his lips.

"Aeryn, my child--"

"You're not my father." Aeryn cut Moff Gideon off but the man only paused and did not do anything.

"Aeryn, my child," Moff Gideon continued, kneeling his left foot onto the ground to level his eyes with Aeryn's. "Promises are made not to be fulfilled. I hate to break it to you but your friend is most likely dead."

"No, he's not. I know Din's alive. He is. I know it." Aeryn argued as tears slowly formed around her eyes. "He's not dead. I'll find him, you'll see. I won't break my promise. Never."

A small smile etched upon Moff Gideon's face, his eyes still on Aeryn's.

"The question is, will you be strong enough to be able to leave this place?"

Nothing but silence could be heard around the room. Aeryn only looked at Moff Gideon, not able to answer his question. In fact, she still did not know what or how to answer his question. She was still just a little girl.

"Even if you were able to leave, we will always have you back, Aeryn." Moff Gideon lifted his right hand, cupping little Aeryn's cheek. "After all, you are very important to us."

"No, I'm not."

A small smile plastered across Moff Gideon's face. A smile that can only be seen whenever he was entertained or challenged.

"Yes, you are. Very much."

˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

hello there!

it feels nice to be writing for everyone again! i'm so freaking excited for christmas break ksksksksks but online classes are so freaking stressful right now that it's driving me crazy. 

anyway, i hoped you liked this very little chapter! i kinda changed my writing style or whatever uhm i try!! 🙈 what do you think of it, so far? i would love to hear everyone's thoughts! that's all! stay amazing, stay safe, make good choices, and keep slayin' because

you👏 are 👏beautiful👏!! <33

-starr