l a s t k i s s

Draco POV
______________

My days at the Delacours were the best and worst at the same time. Just when I feel like we got to know each other more, I know I'm gonna have to fuck it all up.

I'm trying to enjoy probably my last happy moments with Chloé. We spend almost the whole day in bed, doing our favorite thing. I could imagine living here, in their house. It's in a very quiet and calm place near a forest and a a lake, the countryside has always made me feel like home. I never felt that in our mansion. It's too big and cold like stone, it perfectly reflects the people living there.

Chloé doesn't know anything about her father. Camille told her that he's in Czechia for business. She's constantly being lied to, but at least she's happy. That's all I want for her for now, just to be happy and not worry. Because soon, she will be nothing like that...

Although I'm trying to fight the urge not to think about future, I can't seem to be able to do that. Not when the happiness in her eyes will soon be replaced with misery and sadness. God, what have I done to this pure soul?

"We're almost there." Shouted Chloé, who's walking a few steps ahead of me.

It's our last day here, in France, so we decided to take a little walk to the lake. I'm walking as slow as I can, because I know that when we get there, I'm gonna have to tell her.

The air is freezing cold, but at least there's no wind anymore. The countryside is covered in white snow, making it look like a fairytale. As we're slowly getting closer to the lake, my hands start nervously shaking. I'm not sure if I can do this.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Her eyes sparkled with joy as soon as we got to the spot.

The lake is completely frozen, a thick layer of ice is on the top. There are white trees all around us and it's snowing a little. Suddenly, I notice how quiet and calm it is in here, all because of the snow. It traps noise.

I slowly walked to her and our eyes finally met.

"Kiss me." I said.

"What?"

"God, Delacour. Kiss me." I rolled my eyes and grabbed her face with my cold hands.

As our freezing cold mouths touched, my skin shivered. I kisses her passionately and squeezed her beautiful red cheeks. It's weird to think that this might be our last kiss, that's why I don't wanna let go. I keep kissing her all over her face - on her cold cheeks, red nose, forehead and chin. She's giggling. God, how I love her smile and her laugh and her smell. I can't believe I'm about to lose this because of my parents.

"I'm never gonna love anyone more than you. It's always gonna be you." I whispered between kisses. Suddenly, a single tear appeared in my eye and fell down my cheek.

"What are you talking about?" She asked confusingly and wiped my tear with her thumb.

I'm not ready to tell her, but will I ever be? How can someone be ready for such thing?

So I keep standing there, with my hands on her cheeks, staring deep into her eyes. I'm trying to remember her every single detail, I don't wanna miss anything, in case...just in case.

"Draco?"

I closed my eyes and repeated her calling me by my name, so it stays in my memory forever. I love how she says my name. Draco, Draco, Draco...

"I will love you forever, okay? There's no one who will make me happier than you. Please, remember t-

"Draco, why are you talking like we're about to break up? What happened?" She asked with a worried face.

At this point, I lost it. My eyes started to water and the freezing cold air didn't help to it.

"Draco..." she gently grabbed my cheek and made me look into her eyes again. She knew something is wrong.

"Can I just hold you for a moment, please..." as I said that, my hands wrapped around her tiny body, my head fell on her shoulder with a sigh. Her jasmine flower perfume hit my nose and I inhaled it to the fullest, enjoying her smell for the last time.

How did it all get so fucked up?

We were just now laying in her bed, giggling and laughing every few minutes, throwing pillows at each other, kissing, loving...

"Please, promise me you won't get mad, you can't. It's not my fault...it's not my fault..." I kept excusing my next words. Tears are falling down my cheeks like waterfalls, it's getting hard for me to talk

"We can work this out...we always do. Just don't leave me, please...Draco..." her voice broke.

"I'll never leave you...but we have to break up. We have to, because sooner or later, he would break us up...he can't know we're together, he can't kn-"

"Who?!"

"The Dark Lord...he can't know you're mine, because he will take you from me and I can't let that happen...I promised your mother to keep you safe, I can't lose you, Chloé..."

"Shhh, everything's fine. You said he won't come for me."

She's crying too.

"He will...Chloé, that's the problem. You have to do it, please do it...I can't lose you..."

"Oh my god-"

"We have to break up, we can't be seen together at Hogwarts...they're...they're watching you and I'm supposed to watch you too..."

"You?!"

"Please, trust me. When the time comes, you have to show then the school, you have to...or they'll kill you, Chloé. Just like your sister."

And your father, I thought.

We stood there in silence for a while. I looked around the lake and realized it's getting late. We should go on the train.

"So that's it?" She asked aggressively.

"Chloé..."

"I just spent the best time with you and-

"Me too...I know. I could tell you sooner..."

"So...are we gonna kiss the last time?"

"Yes, but I hope not."

Our lips connected into one yet again, but this time it felt like we're kissing for the last time.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too, my darling. You're mine, forever." I said and placed a kiss on her forehead.

It got dark outside. We said goodbye to Camille and got on the train.

I just know this is gonna be the longest ride...