Chapter 23

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Soojung groaned as she rolled over in her bed, exhausted from her shift at the hospital. It had been a busy night which was good for helping forget Jeno, but the second she got home and caught sight of his clothes in the closet, she completely broke down again.

She shut her phone alarm off, her eyes still puffy and sore from all the crying.

That's when she caught sight of the message.

Ayeon
Hey! Want to go out for lunch before heading to the salon?

Soojung wanted to slap herself in the head, completely forgetting that she was supposed to meet up with the girl today.

Soojung debated whether it would be a good idea to see one of the Phoenixes after what had happened between her and Jeno but then again, she did spend the entire evening at the hospital with Jaemin and let the male take her home.

Soojung told Ayeon that she would be ready whenever and the girl replied, saying that she'll pick her up in a couple of hours.

At least it's the weekend, Soojung thought as she dragged herself out of bed, getting ready for the day.

...

Soojung waited outside her apartment, quickly spotting Ayeon arriving on her motocycle

"Hello gorgeous." Ayeon said with a smile as Soojung approached her bike. Soojung was wearing her pink furry coat with a knit sweater and jeans, while Ayeon wore her signature leather jacket eith a striped turtleneck underneath.

"Are you always in a good mood?" Soojung asked as she took the spare helmet Ayeon had brought

"Are you always in a good mood?" Soojung asked as she took the spare helmet Ayeon had brought. Ayeon shrugged.

"Even if I'm not, I still force myself to smile. It helps make me feel better when I'm not having the best day." Ayeon told her.

"I see." Soojung said, getting comfortable on the bike. "Where are we going for lunch?"

Ayeon gave her a smirk as she revved the engine of her bike.