Chapter 24

Soojung couldn't really recognize herself as she stood in front of Ayeon's mirror, staring at her reflection.

It's the dress. It has to be the dress, Soojung thought but knew she was lying to herself. It was definitely not the dress.

"I really like that hair colour on you

"I really like that hair colour on you." Ayeon said, referring to Soojung's new ash blue hair. "And it matches the dress well too."

Soojung adjusted the dark blue dress she wore, letting her loosely curled hair fall over her shoulder. Ayeon herself had just dyed her hair a soft ash brown, complimenting her boyfriend's.

"And even if you don't get Jeno's attention tonight, I'm sure you'll get someone's." Ayeon said giving her a reassuring side hug.

"Maybe." Soojung said even though deep down, she didn't really care about the other guys that could be at the club. She only really cared about Jeno.

...

They were at the club. And Jeno hated the club.

Jeno sat quietly in the corner as the Phoenixes entered slowly in their small groups, smiles on their faces as they greeted the birthday boys.

Jeno had to admit, it was still funny how Jisung wouldn't get ID'd but Renjun did, which only pissed the art student off. Jeno was sure that Renjun would have given the security guard a good punch if he didn't hold him back.

Jaemin was all over Jisung, much to Chenle's displeasure and Jeno wasn't sure if he regretted making Renjun and Jaemin bet on who could handle more shots. They were only five in and Jaemin was bouncing up and down the walls while Renjun looked like he was about to pass out.

"Where's Haechan and Mark?" Renjun groaned from beside Jeno, head rested on the table.

"They're with Ayeon, you know how long the girl takes to get ready." Jeno replied, only making the boy let out another loud groan.

Jeno didn't really blame Renjun, he was getting tired as well. Taeyong had dragged him out early, forcing him to help set up their private room for the birthdays. Jeno was already tired, ready to leave the club once he had a spare moment.