chapter 29

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked and I chuckled.

"Sam, Y/N" Steve said but I ignored him.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam asked.

"I could tell you but I'll let the Black Panther tell you instead" I say pissed. There is a pause.

"Your suit... It's vibranium" Steve asks. T'Challa turns back a bit before speaking.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... As both warrior and king... How long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

"I'll protect him as long as I am alive. And he didn't murder your father" I say, looking at him.

~~~~~

Me, Steve, Sam and T'Challa come out and see Sharon and Everett Ross.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition"

"This is Everett Ross, deputy task force commander"

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked. I looked around, looking like I was gonna murder someone.

"Lawyer. That's funny" Everett said "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt"

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that" Sam said and we followed Everett. Me and Steve looked back and saw Bucky in that metal container. He looked at us and I gave him a look of sorrow. He looked forward.

~~~~~

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett said to T'Challa.

"I don't intend on going anywhere" T'Challa replied.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like" Nat said as she came to us and walked beside us.

"He's alive" Steve said and we continued walking till we were met by dad.

"Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup"

"Try not to break anything while we fix this" Nat said and walked off.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences" dad continued. There was a pause "Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir"

"'Consequences'?" Steve asked and I walked up to dad and hugged him. He hugged me back and kissed my forehead before answering Steve.

"Secretary Ross wants you 3 prosecuted. Had to give him something"

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too" Nat said turning to us as she followed dad.

"That's cold" Sam said.

"So cold" I said sarcastically. He gave me a look and I put my hands up in defeat.

"Warmer than jail" dad said and I chuckled.

~~~~~

"Hey, you guys wanna see something cool?" dad asked me and Steve, holding a box with the 2 pens in it "I pulled something from dad's archives. Felt timely" me and Steve took a seat and dad put his jacket on the side "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941" he put the box, open, on the table "Provided support to the allies when they needed it most"