CHAPTER 1•02

Rebel Spirit

The night was out as everyone was in the pro-bending arena, getting ready for a good fight between the new team and the best from last season.

"It's pro-bending night in Republic City and have we got a doozy for you. Fan favorites, the Fire Ferrets, are about to take on hot newcomers, the rhino-lions." The announcer yelled for the entire crowd. Bolin stood tall in front of his team, Pabu next to him as he was still their mascot for the event.

"Now we all know that our last match was garbage. Terrible. Even Pabu could have done a better job." Bolin pointed out as Pabu chattered and leaned on his owners arm. "But that's in the past, because when you back a Fire ferret in the corner, well, mister, he comes out fighting!" Bolin cheered, Pabu hissing along to prove a point. "So, let's get out there and bend like there's no tomorrow. Are you with me?" He asked, and his teammates, who were not Korra and Mako, sniffed and hugged tightly into their bodies.

Once the match started and the bell dinged, the buzzer went off within less than a second and the Fire Ferrets all fell off the stand.

"Ooh, the Fire Ferrets do down in the water and right into the record books for the fastest knockout in pro-bending history.

"Where's Mako and Dawn when I need them?" Bolin asked himself, laying on the floor as his body floated in the water.

<><><>

Sirens were wailing as the motorcycle engine revs its engine as it was speeding up towards the criminal van. Mako was chasing after the bank robbers in the fleeting van and staying close to their tail as his eyes were locked on the moving object.

The van gate in the back lifted up, the Water Bender inside holding out a steady stream of water, causing the Fire Bender to clap his hands and steam bursted through the streets to block his vision.

Next the water flowed across the road and easily the Bender blew to freeze the tar road and cause Mako to wreck.

Mako gasped as his tires treaded over the ice, using his fire bending to melt it away as he steadied the bike and continued to chase them. They broke through a barrier on the road, causing a car to drive in front of Mako as he swerved to miss it, and allowed large jets of flames to help him jump above the truck, causing him to fly in front of the van as he twisted the bike and shot at the van's engine to over heat it and the van's tires screeched to a halt.

The engine exploded, Mako watching as the Van crashed into a fire hydrant and flipped over, causing the thieves to fall out from the van with minimal injuries.

"Looks like you guys had car trouble. Good thing the police are here." Mako said with a smirk.

<><><>

A plane touched down on a runway, cutting off as it slowed down to a perfect stop and Asami jumped out, taking off her helmet as she went over towards her manager. "I think these palmed are finally ready to ship." She told him.

"I hate to mention the elephant-rhino in the room, but since your father was thrown in prison, no company will work with us. We're nearly bankrupt." The man told his boss flat out.

"Don't worry. I'm going to the South Pole to meet with someone who can help us put future industries back on top." She said with a smile on her face, and as she walked away, the smile faded and she frowned with sadness and fear.