CHAPTER 1•04

Civil War I

Dawn watched as Unalaq's troops started disbanding around the city, telling citizens what to do and think that they could do what they want. The Protector watched in anger, shaking her head as the troops started building up walls against the harbor and keeping everyone inside. She was confused, thinking that Unalaq was supposed to open up to build a community, but instead he was separating the two tribes.

"Uncle, why did you bring your troops down from the North?" Korra asked and Dawn turned with her.

"And why are you not leaving to go back to the North?" She asked, glaring at him.

"Now that you've opened the southern portal, we need to protect it from people who would do the spirits harm." Unalaq said while Dawn scoffed.

"I can protect it." Korra told him.

"No one needs to protect it. Who would want to harm the spirit portal?" She asked while Unalaq ignored her.

"I need you for something more important. There is another portal in the North. Once you open it, spirits and man will be able to move freely between the North and the South in a matter of seconds." Unalaq told Korra, Dawn shrugging her shoulders at this.

"But the solstice is over. How am I going to open it?" Korra asked while Dawn grabbed Korra's arm.

"The spiritual energy is much stronger in the North. And now that you've opened the southern portal, your energy is strong as well." Unalaq said.

"With both portals open, our tribes will be united again." Korra said with a smile.

"The world will be united again." Unalaq told her and Dawn furrowed her eyebrows.

"That's not what I see." She muttered, seeing the boarder close all the way around the South.

<><><>

Dawn was walking outside, her red Fire Nation jacket shimmering as the sun hit it and she had her hair in her wavy style and her eyes darker after the battle in the everstorm.

She was pulled into a hut by Korra, seeing people huddled inside as she raised an eyebrow at the Avatar. "It's a meeting." She breathed out, Dawn sighing and feeling the tension in the room.

"I know these last few days have been very troubling." Tonraq told his people, his eyes glancing at everyone.

"Troubling?" A voice picked up and everyone turned their attention to Varrick who had a plate of food in his hand. "Troubling is when I get that itchy rash that won't go away, and Zhu Li's not around to scratch it. This is shocking. Nay, sickening!" Varrick said while dumping the cookies on the floor and then smashing the plate. "But these kale cookies? Opposite. Remind me to get the recipe later." He told Zhu Li who nods her head.

"What's your point, Varrick?" Tonraq asked the millionaire.

"My point is, Unalaq's already booted our chieftains out of their palace. How long before he starts telling us what kind of cookies we can eat?" Varrick asked dramatically, placing cookies on his plate only to have dropped them again from his hand movements.