chapter eighteen

as heeseung and jungwon gathered the things for hana to start cooking, she pulled her hair into a messy bun and washed her hands.

"maybe you guys should watch me, so that you can know how to cook soup for the next time one of you is sick," hana stated.

the two boys stood on each side of hana and looked over her shoulder as she opened the can of soup and poured it into a pot.

"and that's basically all you do. just pour it into a pot, cook it a bit, and you're done," she explained, "but i like to put my own take on it and add a little something."

heeseung and jungwon watched hana like two students in a classroom. she turned around to go throw the trash away and began laughing once she saw how concentrated the two looked.

hana walked past them to the trash can by the counter, gasping once she saw a trash can full of take out boxes.

"why are there so many take out boxes?" she asked in slight shock.

"when we get home after practice, we're usually too lazy to cook, so we just order take out," heeseung replied.

"guys .. that's like sort of not healthy," hana spoke.

"we know," heeseung and jungwon sighed in unison, "but there's not much we could do. it's exhausting, so we find the short way out."

"no no no," hana shook her head, "let me cook for the rest of you guys tonight. is that okay?"

there was silence between the three until hana added, "i swear i won't poison you or anything."

"we know," jungwon chuckled, "but we don't want to bother you any further. you just ended your shift and it's quite late already."

"oh you aren't bothering me at all," hana replied, "and my brother isn't home yet, so i wouldn't have anything to do at home anyways."

"well then we'd love for you to cook for us," heeseung cheered.

hana smiled, "perfect."

"wow!" the boys quietly exclaimed together, "this looks amazing."

"i sure hope it tastes amazing too," hana smiled, "oh let me go grab some rice for you all."

"you've done enough. let me help you," jake offered with a smile.

"oh okay," hana nodded and smiled back.

"well then let me go wake jay up and bring the soup to him," she spoke.

"you aren't eating with us?" sunghoon asked.

"oh no," she shook her head, "it's all for you guys. i'll eat with my brother when i get home."

"in that case, thank you! we'll definitely enjoy this!" jungwon thanked.

"you're very welcome," hana smiled once all the boys thanked her.

"you remember which room is jay's right?" jungwon asked.

"ah yes," hana nodded, walking towards it with a tray.

on the tray was his bowl of soup, utensils, napkins, a glass of water, some fruit, and some medicine.

she knocked on the door before entering, finding a still asleep jay.

hana smiled to herself before placing the tray on his desk and going to quietly shut the door. she walked over to his bed and admired how adorable and peaceful he looked.

the events that happened outside the café replayed in her mind as she remembered how adorable jay also looked while sleeping on the table.

she gently brushed the pieces of hair off his forehead and put her palm on it to check the heat of his forehead. after checking his forehead, she softly tapped his arm.

"jay," she whispered, "wake up."

"just one min—" jay mumbled, tiredly raising one finger up before dropping his hand back down on the bed.

hana let out a soft laugh before saying, "come on sleepy head. you've got to eat, so you can take medicine."

jay let out a deep breath before opening his eyes and meeting eyes with hana.

"do you want to sit at your desk and eat or stay on you bed?"

"i'll sit at my desk," jay replied, getting out of his bed.

hana followed behind him and stood on the side of his desk as he sat down to eat.

"you could sit," jay told hana.

she sat down on the edge of his bad and rested her head against the wall, watching jay slowly eat.

"how are you feeling? do you have a headache?" hana asked quietly.

jay shrugged, "just a tiny one."

hana smiled and stood up, walking behind him. she began massaging his neck and head to hopefully help the pain.

"i promise my hands are clean," she spoke, "i used to have headaches quite often, so my mom always did this to me and they made the headache go away. hopefully it helps."

the two stayed in silence for a good ten minutes as jay finished his food.

he set his spoon down and turned his body around to face hana, making her hands drop down. jay looked up at hana and hana looked down at him with a confused look.

"did you eat yet?"

hana grinned and shook her head, "your friends asked me to eat with them, but i told them that i wanted to go back home and eat with my brother."

"they're eating right now? take out?" jay asked.

hana sighed, "i found out that you boys eat take out quite a bit, so i offered to cook for them. that was a bit too much, wasn't it? sorry, that's not my place. i got carried away."

"no no," jay spoke, shaking his head, "it's great that we have you around to take care of us. i think the boys like you."

hana smiled brightly, "well i like them too."