Chapter 49: Battlefield

Naruto sat lazily on a large cliff made of hardened rock, dust moving in the wind next to him alongside Mu, the Second Tsuchikage who was currently inhabited by one of Orochimaru's old lackeys, Kabuto Yakushi. 

Obito had struck an alliance with the snake's apprentice, reassuring Naruto that his power would be able to help win the war a lot easier. Naruto had shrugged at the thought and told Obito he was all the help his older brother needed. 

Obito had laughed then. "You know, Naruto Namikaze," Came Kabuto's voice out of Mu's body. "I remember you killing Orochimaru-sama rather brutally." 

"Is that a grudge?" Naruto asked nonchalantly as he looked on at the army of thousands of shinobi from several different villages march towards them. 

"Not at all," Kabuto said with a sickening tone, his voice sounding eerily similar to Orochimaru's. "If not for you I doubt I would have been able to get ahold of his cells and become what I am today." 

"Alright," Naruto replied. "Are we waiting on something?"

Kabuto was quiet for a moment before speaking. "Someone," He corrected. "Your leader believes he will be quite beneficial." Naruto's lips curled downwards. 

"Who?" Kabuto grinned from Mu's bandaged body.

"None other than Madara Uchiha! I'm sure you'd like to meet one of the founding fathers of Konoha, your home village." Naruto stood up, his Sharingan eyes squinting. 

"It seems Gaara and his older sister are leading the charge. I wonder what they think quantity will do against quality." Mu's body straightened up. 

"He's here." Was all he said before Naruto heard the sound of feet crashing on the rock next to him, causing loose dirt to fly into the air. Naruto turned his head and saw Madara emerge from the dust, wearing his old red armor. He had long black hair that reached down to his lower hip, with cracked skin, his Sharingan activated with nothing but black behind them, signifying his presence as a Reanimation. 

"Madara Uchiha," The words rolled Naruto's tongue like a foreign language. "It's a pleasure to be working with someone I've measured myself to countless times." Madara looked at Naruto with his Sharingan eyes. 

"And what do you think?" Naruto shrugged. 

"I'm not sure. Though I did surpass Hashirama quite a bit ago, though I'm sure you have a few tricks up that old sleeve of yours." Madara laughed. 

"You? Surpassing Hashirama? Not even I could beat that monster of a fool, and to me, you are but a child." 

"Careful Madara," Kabuto chided lightly. "This is Naruto Namikaze, he destroyed both the Hidden Mist and the Hidden Stone. He's the strongest shinobi alive if my sources are correct." Madara's eyes widened slightly. 

"Perhaps, we shall see. How well can you dance, boy?" Naruto twisted his neck, a loud popping sound emitting from his bones as his Sharingan evolved into its Eternal Mangeykou state, surprising Madara even further. 

"Dancing? No, I prefer the word slaughter. Ask Kabuto what I did to his little shinobi force when they decided to attack the Hidden Leaf with the Hidden Sand." Naruto and Madara quickly jumped into the air along with Kabuto in Mu's body as sand passed underneath them. 

"Come on Gaara," Naruto shouted. "I thought you could do better than that! Then again, Shukaku isn't here to help you anymore, is he?" Gaara grimaced. He had just barely won the fight with the Third Raikage and now he had to face this? Naruto and Madara? This was turning into a rough day. . .