x.

"Okay, here's the plan

"Okay, here's the plan. You walk up to him. You tell him there's something you want to show him. You bring him to your room and bam, show the painting." Mary says as the five girls are standing next to the entrance of the Great Hall.

"Why is that a plan? Isn't that just what I'm supposed to do?" Cassiopeia asks in confusion, making Mary huff at her.

"I know. But I just want to feel like them and their planning for all these great pranks." Mary huffs, making Cassiopeia chuckle softly.

"How about you walk up to him from behind, cover his eyes, making him guess who you are. And then tell him you want to show something." Dorcas suggests and Mary nods approvingly.

"Oh, no. I don't think I can do that. Can we stick to the first plan?" Cassiopeia asks, making them all shake their heads.

"No way. You're doing it this way. Come on, Sirius is encouraging you to get out of your comfort zone. Show him that you can do it, making him proud." Marlene says encouragingly and Cassiopeia is still hesitant.

"Come on, you got this." Lily says as she shoves the girl right through the Great Hall doors. Cassiopeia stumbles at first and looks over her shoulder in panic, but the girls give her a look to go on. Cassiopeia takes a deep breath before she slowly makes her way towards where the boys. She walks up to Sirius from behind, before covering his eyes.

"Guess who?" She giggles, feeling less nervous now. Remus smirks as James snorts.

"I have feeling it's my little sunshine." He hums as he takes her hands and pulls her to sit next to him on the vacant spot on the bench. "What are you up to, darling?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just. I have something to show you." She says excitedly and he looks at her curiously.

"Do you now? Well what is it?" Sirius asks and she shakes her head.

"It's not here, silly. Will you come with me?" She asks softly and he chuckles, before nodding.

"Sure will." He says as he stands up, making her grin and stand up as well. He turns to look at the boys quickly. "I'll see you later."

"If it's chocolate, please remember to share." Remus says, making Cassiopeia snicker and Sirius rolls his eyes. She takes his hand and leads him out of the Great Hall, the girls try to act nonchalant but Sirius notices and chuckles.

"Hey, ladies." He greets them and they all groan as they realise they're caught. "So, what's going on? Why this whole ordeal?"

"Well. You'll see. Just trust me on this." She says and she's slowly starting to get nervous. He chuckles softly and they walk together in a comfortable silence. She starts to worry about small things the longer they stay in silence. Whether she cleaned her room well, what if he didn't like her room, what if he didn't like the painting, what if she forgot to paint a part, what if she forgot to do one eye.

"I can hear the wheels turning in your little head." Sirius says teasingly, making her chuckle nervously.

"Just thinking. Anyway, come on up." She hums as she leads him to the Ravenclaw dorm.

"So this is the Ravenclaw Common Room. Very interesting." He muses as he follows her up to the door of her room and sha raises an eyebrow as she turns look at him.

"What's interesting?" She asks curiously and he shrugs.

"I'm not really sure. This your room?" He asks as he nods at the door and she nods, before opening it. She lets out a breath of relief as she notices her room is clean and tidy. He steps in and she follows, closing the door behind herself. "Cute. It's very you."

"Thank you." She giggles as a blush raises to her cheeks, another worry ticked off. He walks up to a collection of canvas neatly put in a wooden box. He pulls out one and looks at it.

"You made this?" He asks as he looks at her with wide eyes and she simply nods. It was a painting of the castle at night, with the forbidden forest in the background. "If you ever say you're a bad painter, Cassie. I will throw you out a window."

"You wouldn't dare." She giggles and he smiles, before he puts down the painting. He walks up to her.

"You're right. I wouldn't want you to get hurt." He says softly, slightly blushing and her heart flutters as a blush of her own burns her cheeks.

"Anyway. Come on." She turns around and walks up to where she has put his portrait that's currently covered. "This is what I wanted to show you."

"Consider me intrigued." He hums and she takes a deep breath, before removing the covering. It takes him a moment to realise what's in front of him, but when he does, his eyes widen in awe. He takes a step closer, running his fingers over the fine details. He lets out a breathy chuckle and smiles. He notices the dog at his feet in the painting and his breath gets caught at the back of her throat.

"The dog was Lily's idea, really. I can't take credit for it. She told me that Sirius is also a star, which is also named dog-star, so she thought it would be fitting. And it's a black dog, because you know, Sirius Black." She chuckles nervously as she watches his reaction carefully.

"It's... I love it." He says, making her grin and beam happily. He turns around to look at her. "You're insanely talented, Cassie. I hope you realise that. This is a masterpiece."

"I'm happy you like it." She says and he chuckles happily.