Chapter 21

''Damon or Stefan?'' Nara queries after a moment of musing.

''You can't possibly expect me to answer that,'' Jenn jeers.

''Okay, so change it to dare then.''

Yes. We're actually playing truth or dare.

I guess that's what our lives have come to. Drinking a self-made batch of margarita's on a frothy sofa and questioning lunacies on a Wednesday night.

Sometimes, I wonder how we've made it to our twenties.

''I'd choose Katherine.'' Soyana interjects.

Nar lends her a side eye. ''Not an option. And I wasn't asking you.''

''You're still butthurt over that last slice of pizza?'' Soyana grumbles.

''I swear to God, Soy. I will literally cut off all your hair while you're sleeping tonight if you don't stop bringing that up.'' Nara retorts, and I am absolutely sure that this isn't an empty thread.

''I'll take that as a yes.''

''You knew I wanted that last slice. I was fucking reaching for it when you snatched it up.'' Now she's getting really pissed. Dealing with an angry Nara isn't idyllic so I'm hoping they wrap this shit up right about now and go back to the stupid game.

''Okay. I'll just go with Damon, I guess...'' thank fuck for Jenn.

''The evil brother? Shocker.'' I snicker with a roll to my eyes.

Jenn's face twists to some kind of grimace, eyes narrowed. ''Of course you would go with the good guy,''

''Stefan is hot,'' I shrug and take another swig of my way too sweet cocktail.

''No denying that, but I'd rather have someone that'll tear a fuckers heart out for touching me than a hot guy that takes me home and reads to me before I fall asleep in his arms.'' She sniggers.

''Uh, hello... Ripper?'' I remind. It may be cliché, but one day I would like to tally me a bad man that's only good to and for me. Although that may be every girls top fantasy.

She cocks her head. ''It's your turn to ask.''

''Alright,'' I turn to Ivana. ''Truth or dare?''

Still can't believe we're doing this, but okay.

''Truth,''

''We should call this truth or truth if nobody's going to be doing a dare.'' Soyan howls.

''You also picked truth, fucking hypocrite,'' Jenn quips.

Soyana drops her head back on the couch with a yawny exhale. ''Just sayin',''

I take a moment to contemplate about my question while everyone takes the large batch of margaritas to refill their weirdly shaped glasses and re-ad some salt around the rims of them.

''Who the hell did you lose your virginity to?'' there's not many things we refuse to talk about as a group, but this is one of the exemptions. We know when and where it happened, but who it was is still a big mystery to us.

Ivana groans, covering her eyes with one arm while the three others cheer hail in acclaim.

''I plead the fifth.'' She howls.

''Truth's a truth, babe.'' I shrug.

''Y'all are gonna have to let this go at some point,'' she grumbles.

''Never.'' Jenn chortles.

Ivana mumbles something inaudible, everything is muffled by the arm that's still around her face.