The Recurring Stranger

"Criminals this time?" Todoroki murmured, turning away from the medicine cabinet. Bakugou perched upon the bathtub, letting blood drip rhythmically onto the ceramic tiles.                                                             "Fuckin Nerd's little pussy squad. They jumped a few of our men down south of the Sky Tree." He reached along the tub, sliding a towel off the hanger before wiping the blood slipping down his forehead.                                                                                                                                                             "Don't walk round there. Take the tube or something, alright?" Bakugou glared up at Todoroki.                                                               
"I will. Did you try to negotiate with them?" Todoroki quickly broke eye contact. He felt like he was burning.                                                                 "Yeah, as you can tell." Bakugou gestured to his battered body, then shrugged.                                               "Ain't as bad as I've gotten before but I can handle it."                                                                        "Why did you come here, then?"                 

"Do I need a reason?"                                           

---     

By the fourth visit,  Todoroki had learned the stranger's name and vaguely memorised the sound of his feet against the floorboards. Not heavy thumps or shuffles but enough weight to make them creak. This time Bakugou showed up with a scruffy duffel bag he tossed next to the couch. Todoroki dared to ask what lay inside it. Todoroki dared to ask him anything, actually.                                                                                                                                                                   "Your place is pretty convenient, Halfy – always nearby when I need it. Wanna give me the Wi-Fi?" The fridge door smacked loudly as Todoroki shut it. It didn't take much thought to understand Bakugou's occupation was far from legal and outright dangerous. Each visit had a fresh scar and each visit made the dual haired all the more nervous he'd meet the people giving him them.                                                                                         "Oh, in case you were wondering..." The blonde shifted against the counter behind him - a little too close.   
"The reason you're missing food is because I stopped by earlier-" Make this the fifth visit then.        
"-You weren't here." Todoroki felt a burst of anger ripple to the surface before he turned to him.                             
"You broke into my apartment?"                                                                                                                         "I locked up before I left." Todoroki glared in response. Bakugou met his eyes with his own burning red - pushing off the counter to step closer.                 
"Where were you? You never seem to go out." "You come at ridiculous hours." Todoroki pushed his back further into the fridge, Bakugou's proximity was making him dizzy.

"W-when are you leav-"
"Don't know. Back to you not being here, though, where were you?"                             

"Why do you care?"

A darkness filtered through the room. The sky out of the window a dull red.

"Where."
Bakugou was closer now, dangerously close. His hand burning into the fridge - caging him in - jaw clenched.