13

Lexi

My breathing is rapid as I finish my run, my thumb lowering the speed on the treadmill. I watch the television in front of me as I cool off, but my view is blocked by a much better one.

"Stay with me tonight," Judd says, sweat dripping off of him as he leans on the front of the treadmill. I saw him in here when I walked in and gave him a kiss on the cheek while he was benching. Of course, I waited until he racked the weights, but the look on his face was priceless.

"I suppose," I grin, leaning up and kissing him.

"Don't get too excited on me now," he cheekily smiles, and I smile.

"I'm just teasing. I can't wait. Are you sure though? It's Thursday and I usually only stay on Saturdays," I ask, his lower lip taken between his teeth. I only ask because I don't want to jeopardize his sleep schedule considering practice and homework.

"I'm sure. Thanks for asking though, but I want to be with you, baby," he responds and I smile. I like it when he tells me he wants to be with me, and my heart beats faster when he calls me baby.

"Okay, sounds good to me," I grin, turning the treadmill off. I get off and he walks with me over to where our stuff is.

"I really like these pants," he tells me, looking at my legs. I'm wearing a navy blue pair of leggings, nothing special, but I suppose I do normally wear jeans.

"Thanks," I grin, and he drinks from his water bottle.

"You should wear them more. I like them," he tells me, and I look up at him. He's got a smirk on his lips and the dimple in his cheek is prominent.

"Stop looking at my ass," I tease, his laugh following soon after.

"Alright, alright. But let me enjoy the view until you take them off," he tells me, and I can't tell what he means by that. I know he didn't mean the words to necessarily be sexual, but they have a little bit of that tone to them.

"Maybe you can be the one to take them off," I whisper, grabbing my stuff. My head tilts to look up at him and I wink, his lips parted slightly. I walk out the door and the second I reach the stairs, I'm lifted up into Judd's arms.

"Fucking tease. You're trying to kill me," he whispers in my ear, making me laugh. He sets me down and walks with me out of the building, his hand holding mine.

"What time do you want me to come over tonight?" I ask, his hand not leaving mine despite passing his truck. It's then I realize he's walking me home.

"Can I text you when I'm done with homework? I know that's really shitty of me," he says, and I cut him off.

"No, that sounds perfect. Go to practice, eat, homework, and then let me know. I have homework I gotta work on too," I remind him, his head nodding. I know he feels bad when he tells me stuff about doing other things before me, but I don't mind at all. Everyone's busy and schedules won't always line up. I appreciate his consideration though.

"Okay, sweet," he grins, my hand reaching up and running through his curls. They get curlier after he works out of plays football, simply because of the sweat. But I love the look of them, especially the little curls forming at the base of his neck.

"Text me when you get home," I remind him when we get to my door, his hand pulling me back into him.

"Of course," Judd smiles, leaning down and kissing me. I whisper on his lips that I'll see him later and he walks away after I get into my house.

I shower and the girls and I eat dinner together, catching up about the day. I work on some homework and read through numerous chapters in the book for class tomorrow, my fingers highlighting and annotating the pages.

It reaches about ten and I get a message from Judd, telling me to come over. I pack a bag quickly and say goodnight to the girls, walking out of the apartment. When I reach the front, I blush when I see Judd leaning against his truck.

"Like I'd let you walk alone in the dark," he grins, my arms wrapping around his neck. He lifts me into a hug and lets me go, helping me into the truck. He gets in and kisses me before he drives down the street.

"I like the pants, baby," he tells me, my lips forming into a smile.

"Wore them just for you," I say, his dimple prominent on his cheek.

He parks his truck in the driveway and he rushes to my side, his hands grabbing my waist as he helps me out. We get into the house and I say hello to all his roommates, Joe ignoring me. He's still salty I beat him in a shotgun contest, as he should be.

Judd holds my hand and we go up to his room, his hand shutting the door and locking it behind him.

"How was the rest of your day?" I ask him, sitting down on the bed to take my shoes off.

"Not too bad. Was trying to figure out what I was reading but I gave up," he tells me, and I cross my legs on the bed.

"I can help if you want," I suggest and he nods, grabbing the book from his desk. He sits on the bed beside me and I curl up next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. I go through the chapters with him and give him the general idea of what is going on.

"Thanks Lexi," he tells me, kissing my forehead. I smile up at him and he kisses me right after, giving me the butterflies I always get from him.