Chapter 29

Despite being a part of the Phoenixes, Soojung hadn't really interacted with Jaemin unless it was in class. But during that time, they were much too focused on their school work, not really having time to chat about their personal lives.

They didn't really have time in the hospital either. Jaemin's patient was in critical condition so the male had disappeared the second they arrived. Jeno had began taking Soojung to the hospital too and picked her up after the shift to see the cats, so Soojung rarely spent any time with Jaemin.

Jaemin had also distanced himself from her and Jeno and Jeno had told her that Jaemin just needed some time to sort his own thoughts out. Jeno said it happened from time to time so Soojung shouldn't think too much about it.

"You seem happy today, did your boy do something?" Ms. Kim asked as Soojung replaced her bandages like usual.

Oh, I completely forgot to tell her.

"We made it official." Soojung told her. "So we're officially dating now."

"That's very nice and about time." Ms. Kim said, just as Soojung finished up.

"Yeah it is." Soojung said, smiling at the woman.

Ms. Kim let out a yawn and Soojung could tell that the woman would be falling asleep any second now.

"You should invite him to the hospital one day." Ms. Kim mumbled out.

"Perhaps." Soojung said, tucking the woman into bed. Just as she turned around to leave, she hear Ms. Kim say a few more words.

"Your new hair is also really pretty, Seolhee."

Seolhee?

Soojung whipped around but Ms. Kim was already fast asleep, snoring.

Did Ms. Kim know Seolhee?

...

"Something's bothering you." Jeno said as he stared at his girlfriend who was petting the cat in her lap.

Jeno had noticed it when he had picked Soojung up from the hospital. It seemed like something was on the girl's mind and he couldn't exactly place what is was. Which is why he was asking her about it now.

Soojung sighed, leaning against Jeno as he wrapped his arm around her. "You know Ms. Kim?"

Jeno nodded his head. "Your patient?"

"Yeah, she called me Seolhee."

Jeno froze at Soojung's words. "What?"

"Yeah, I know right. It's weird, don't you think? She must be getting her memories back but that means that she knew Seolhee."

Jeno met Soojung's eyes as she turned around. "Do you think that she knew her?"

"Who, Seolhee?" Jeno asked. Soojung nodded before turning around.

"But that wouldn't make sense. Who would Seolhee know that was caught in a building fire?" Soojung said to herself.

It can't be, Jeno thought, deciding to stay quiet as he softly pet the cat purring in his lap.

...

Soojung yawned as she made her way to the washroom after staying the night at Jeno's place. Haechan was at Ayeon's and Soojung had stayed late at the bar, waiting for Jeno to return from the deal so Jaemin had taken Haechan's bed instead.

As she came out, she saw Jaemin sitting at the counter with his mug of coffee and deciding that it would be a good time to clear the air between them.