Chapter 37

Chevel’s POV

I stood behind Gyth as he began his announcement. I was surprised to see the main hall crowded with few unfamiliar faces.

It didn’t take long and the creatures started panicking once Gyth announced that he’d be gone for a few weeks.

I glanced over to Gyth as he frustratingly ran the palm of his hand down his face.

“Silence.” Gyth said at the top of his lungs, making me flinch.

Soon enough, the creatures by the main hall averted their attention towards Gyth.

“I knew that this would cause a panic and so while I’m gone, my familiar, Dicarius would take over the castle.” Gyth said while everyone’s eyes are on his.

I smiled as Dicarius proudly flapped his wings on top of the balustrade. He must be delighted to take over the castle for a while.

My eyes drifted towards Gyth as I noticed his back expanding from the long breath he took in.

“Now, I’ll start the awakening.” He said as I stared at him with wondering eyes.

I’ve no clue as to what he’s talking about as I watch his movements.

He approached Dicarius and lifted his scythe.

My eyes dilated in shock as he slit his palm with the sharp edge of his scythe and held it on top of Dicarius’ beak.

Soon, the blood dropped into his mouth and a dark mist suddenly surrounded him.

I took a step back as I clasped my hands together in fear. I darted my eyes towards Gyth who’s immersed at Dicarius’ state.

I didn’t quite understood what was happening but the dark aura around Dicarius kept on getting bigger than his size.

After a while, the dark mist starts to evaporate and a silhouette becomes visible.

I am stunned. My mouth dropped open as an unfamiliar odd-looking man came to view. I shook my head, doubting my eyes.

He has a long wavy dark hair that sits below his earlobe, pure black eyes, black feathers surrounding his back that form wings of a crow.

He doesn’t seem to be wearing any clothing, revealing his slightly tanned body.

His nails are sharply long and half of his body, beginning from his pelvis down to his toes is covered with feathers that almost looks like a black trouser.

Not to mention how abnormally large his feet are with sharp long nails extending from them just like his hands.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed the amount of blood dripping on the floor. My attention averted towards Gyth’s palm and panic started to brew in my head as blood continued to flow down his hand.

I immediately rip the bottom of my dress as I run towards him. I grabbed his hand and a look of surprise painted his features.

“Chevel.. Don’t worry about it, it’ll heal by itself.” Gyth said but I didn’t bother. I still cleansed the wound and tightly wrapped it with the cloth.

Gyth gently patted my head before striding towards Dicarius. He stood next to him while he scanned the main hall.

“The awakening of Dicarius has finished. I hereby grant him the rights to rule over this castle starting today till the day I’m back.” Gyth announced and the room was suddenly filled with applauds.

The creatures clapped their hands in unison as the mystical event ended.

I still couldn’t make it into words how flustered I am to see Dicarius in a somewhat human form.

“You’re all dismissed.” Gyth said and the stomping feet of the creatures echoed throughout the hall.

I flinched almost immediately when Gyth and Dicarius turned around to my direction.

I froze in place upon contact with Dicarius’ pitch black eyes. His eyes held a dark eerie feeling like they could pierce through a glass.

He paced towards me as I fight the urge to take a step back. As soon as he towered in front of me, he bent down on his knees and approached my hand.

“Milady.” Dicarius said as he landed a kiss on the back of my hand. My cheeks immediately flushed as a tingling sensation ran through my body.

“Right. Off you go to work.” Gyth said grabbing Dicarius’ back and his cold touch slid off my hand.

Gyth walked pass me with Dicarius being dragged by him. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I struggled to figure out what just happened.

“Let’s go Chevel.” Gyth’s voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I instantly turned around and run before their figures.

After Gyth sent Dicarius to work, we were left walking back to his room. The thumping in my chest kept on getting louder with every minute passing by.

We reached his room and started to pack our clothes. I glanced towards the window and darkness soon emerged. I sighed in distress as anxiety began filling my features.

We’d soon leave this place and stay over in a castle filled with dangerous and ill-mannered demons. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

“Chevel are you done?” Gyth asked as I was sealing the wooden box. I nodded, pressing my lips as he advanced towards me.

“I’ll make sure it’ll be less horrifying for you.” Gyth said, trying to calm my fear. I forced a smile, appreciating his concern.

It’s what has been keeping me from running away; the thought that Gyth would be with me.

“We have to go now.” Gyth said. I nodded and proceeded to wear his cape.

I held Kuppuru in my arms and upon opening the door, Seb came rushing to me with tearful eyes.

I smiled at him and drifted my gaze towards Kuppuru in my arms. I dropped my cat to Sebastian, thinking that I couldn’t take him with me.

I wouldn’t know what would happen in that castle and the last thing I want is to lose a family.

“Aren’t you going to take him?” Seb asked, resting his paw on top of Kuppuru’s head.

I bent down to Seb’s eye level and shook my head.

“Can you take care of him while I’m gone?” I asked, painting a smile on my lips. Seb nodded and a sigh of relief left my throat.

“Thank you.” I said patting his head.

I held Kuppuru in my arms for the last time, imprinting his smell and feel in my hands.

I drifted my gaze towards Gyth as I drop Kuppuru back to the floor.

He gave me a reassuring smile and with that, the long night began.

A/N: How's everyone doing? :') Did you put up all the Christmas decors already?! It's been a tough year but I hope the spirit of Christmas is still in everyone's hearts 🥰
Okay, you can cringe now.. I'll quietly.. leave..