Pumpkin Head

authors note: yes i believe in lee jordan supremacy. yes he needs to step up his game with george.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 7th, 1994

The next morning, Elodie and George woke first (as they always did.) Usually, this wasn't a problem, but it was rather hard to explain why Fred's arm was around her waist and why his head was tucked into her shoulder as he slept. Elodie didn't dare move.

George was grinning at her stupidly, and she narrowed her eyes. "We were cold!" Elodie mouthed.

"Sure," George snorted.

"Mmph." Lee grunted, rolling over and hitting his head on George's back. Elodie watched amusedly as a flush rose in the redheaded boy's cheeks.

"I swear, Elodie." George mouthed, unbeknownst to Lee.

"I didn't say anything!" She vindicated, smirking.

"The dog is gone." Lee noticed, frowning and sitting up against a rock. His voice woke Fred, who made a grumbling noise and pressed his face farther into Elodie's hair.

"Aw," George pouted. "I liked him."

"He was the love of my life." Fred mumbled sadly. "And now he's gone."

Elodie didnt know if she should take that as a personal offense, but she laughed and pushed Fred off her, not noticing the look on his face when she did.

"That, lads, was the best I've slept in years." Fred announced, stretching his arms.

"Three guesses why," George muttered to Lee.

Elodie ignored all of them, and took a moment to survey their ruined campground. Wands scattered, blankets covered in fallen pine leaves, and pillows that were starting to look suspiciously log-like. The place was a mess.

She knelt to gather all together, and the group set back off towards the castle. The doors had been reopened; and students were milling about the castle like it was any other normal day.

None of the teachers stopped them, and they found the Fat Lady magically healed and half-asleep in her portrait.

"Nudiustertian." Lee muttered, as he was the only one who knew the password, and she swung open to reveal the common room.

It was pretty much empty- most people were probably waking up in the great hall, but there were a couple people there, all glaring at them.

Maura, Katie, Alicia, and Forrest.

"Oh look, it's Elodie's fan club." Fred joked under his breath.

"Where have you been?!" Maura cried, flinging her arms around her friend.

"Maurs- we're fine, really-" Elodie tried, but the others were rounding on them, peppering them with questions.

"Hey." Forrest said, giving Elodie a hug and a brief kiss. "You really had us worried there."

"I'm sorry." Elodie looked down at the floor. God, she really was a terrible girlfriend.

George and Lee were explaining to the group about the makeshift camping, (everyone trying to mask their surprise at the two boys talking again) and Fred was still moping about their dog.

"He'll come back, Freddie, it's alright," Katie put a comforting arm around his shoulder. Elodie, remembering the incident with Katie and Fred from last year, boiled a little inside.