*Storms | Eren x (Scared) Reader*

Prompt- Reader is scared of storms

The window surged with light as a crack sounded outside for a split second before disappearing. The blanket you had wrapped around yourself shook violently and you did your best to make yourself as small as possible in the corner.

Everyone else seemed to be asleep as no one stirred when lightning struck again outside. As thunder rolled you closed your eyes. This is so stupid. You thought. I can take down titans but I'm shaking with a little bit of lightning. Pathetic. Another snap sounded, jolting you out of your thoughts and back to the situation at hand. Storms had been a fear of yours since you knew what fear was.

Thankfully, you were usually asleep and never knew a storm had happened but after knowing that outside was in chaos, you couldn't possibly sit still- let alone sleep. Another crack slammed outside on the ground and light lit up the surrounding area while a muted scream left your throat for a second.

You glanced around and no one seemed to notice, your voice had blended in with the other noises.

Just when you thought the coast was clear, a groan sounded from the bed next to yours, Erens. Eren, your boyfriend of two years and best friend ever. You and him had met in training and immediately became friends. No matter what life threw at the two of you, both of you came back stronger and together. That's why when he asked you out, there was no question as to what your answer would be.

Erens eyebrows furrowed slightly before his brilliant eyes opened and glanced around before landing on your bed.

Your empty bed.

He immediately shot up, alarmed at your current disappearance. He threw the cover off of himself and quickly laid his hand on your bed, making sure that he wasn't being delusional. Panic immediately manifested in his chest and mind when he realized that this was not a dream.

He turned to leave before another boom sounded in the distance, you again letting out a squeak and trembling with fear. His eyes immediately locked with yours as emotion flooded his irises. Fear, relief, concern, sympathy- all were present. He made his way around the bed, crouching in front of you.

"Can I touch you?"

His voice was as sweet and calm as he could make it. Reassurance and comfort were his number one priority. You nodded your head, needing something to keep you grounded before you panicked too much. Well much more. He slowly moved towards you, picked you up, sat crisscross in the spot you once were, setting you down in his lap when he was situated. His arms wrapped around your body.

Making both his and your arms hug yourself while he up his head on your shoulder, leaning your head back on his chest.

"Baby... what's wrong?"

He spoke low and calm. Making sure to not escalate the situation. He knew his temper and his impulsivity was not helpful and would worsen the situation, something that he didn't want, especially when it came to you. You didn't have time to give a response before thunder roared outside, making your body quiver violently and burrow yourself further into Eren. He hummed in understanding. Keeping your limbs wrapped in a hug with him.

He gently swayed left to right, whispering deeply in your ear words of reassurance.

"You so beautiful."
"I love you so much."
"Your perfect."
"Focus on me, babydoll."
"I'll protect you."
"Your safe."
"Breathe with me."
"Everything will be okay."
"I'm right here baby."

This continued, him speaking and placing soft kisses on the side of your head, neck, and shoulder all while swaying slowly. Time seemed to stop as thunder and lightning became distant and darkness welcomed you into a slumber.

a/n- so.. first one- thoughts?