Chapter 19

》Loki's POV

》Loki's POV

I am sitting with brother in his room doing some kind of paper work he did not understand so well. At least I become useful once in a while.

I rest my chin over my knuckles as I read the document. My mind drifts off to an hour ago. I kissed Y/N again. My mother's request rang in my ear just as Y/N told me the reasons why I'm not a monster. Follow your heart.

I did.

I listened to it for just a second and I couldn't hold back from letting it show. I confessed, well kind of confessed. But what if I really choose Y/N? What if that's the path I should take? I mean, mother isn't wrong, Y/N is an exceptional woman, but she's a human. I can't chose her. I can't let my heart lead me away from common sense. Y/N is a human, she's bound to return home and live her full mortal life. I will be forever and she will not, so why am I listening to my heart when at the end both Y/N and I could end up badly hurt.

But I also want her. I do. I can't lie to myself even if lying is my game, my heart slaps me right across the face whenever I'm with her. 

Why did I have to feel this way for, Y/N? Of all people, why her? 

I grunt, standing up abruptly from my chair. I run my hands through my raven hair in frustration. I'm not Thor, I can't do this, I can't let my heart get the best of me. Thor can somewhat fall for a human, Jane is a mistake, it can't happen, and yet I feel like even with all the bickering I do with Y/N, she's the only one that can get me. I enjoy our little arguments, I like to tease her and piss her off. I will accept that I kind of enjoyed the day she almost murdered me in Odin's treasure room, but it was a little scary considering she wasn't herself at all, I enjoy it when she deliberately tries to murder me, and when it's mostly my fault because I'm teasing her too much or being an annoying brat. 

I can't be attracted to her, I really can't. It would be wrong considering my position and her position and all of this ordeal and it's frustrating!

How can I want her after only knowing her for a couple of weeks? I don't even know who she is, what makes her herself. I know so little of her but my heart can't help but stutter at her everything. 

What is wrong with me? Why do I feel this way? Why can't it just go away?

"Brother, is everything alright?" I hear Thor ask from the table. I turn to him and wave a hand at him as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I'm alright, brother. I just think I might be losing my mind a little." 

Thor chuckles, giving me one of his brotherly smiles. Maybe if nothing had happened the day we went to Jotunheim, we would still be like before. Inseparable till the end. 

"I think, losing your mind, doesn't count as being alright." 

I sigh, a little annoyed that he isn't letting the topic go. "It's nothing, Thor. Let's get back to working."