Episode 17 - Promise

WARNING: SUGGESTIVE CONTENT

        ~

Lloyd finally breaks through the surface of the water, sputtering and coughing. Kai and I immediately grab his arms, pulling him to shore. Nya screams one last time as she is pulled out of sight.

"This is all my fault," Lloyd cries. "I should've taken the shot!"

"We're all at fault, kid," Cole says. "It's just the way the cookie crumbled."

Jay shoves Cole, hard. "Are you still making jokes? They have Nya, and you're making jokes?"

"It was just a poor choice of words!" Cole defends. Jay pulls his arm back to punch Cole, but Uncle steps in between them.

"Enough! We have lost enough. We don't need to lose our focus."

"Forget focus," Kai growls. "We have to get my sister."

"By the time we get back up there, they'll be gone!" I protest, grabbing his arm to stop him from storming away.

"We will get your sister, but the clock has reached zero and the Final Battle could start at any moment," Mom says. "We must head back to the Bounty to get prepared, so that next time, you will not hesitate."

"Come on, Lloyd. Let's go home. You will get your chance."

        ~

It doesn't take us long to get back to the Bounty. As we break through the bushes, Julien runs over to us, a panicked gleam in his eye. "What was that sound? The horns?"

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's Ultimate Weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun," Uncle says somberly.

"Now Lloyd must face his father," Mom adds, casting a sorrowful glance towards my scared baby brother.

"But where's Nya?"

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back," Uncle replies. "At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself."

"Who cares about Ninjago?" Jay shouts angrily. "Nya was my- my... you know!"

"And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us," Kai says. I take his hand and squeeze it. "We'll see her again."

"Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon," Uncle says. "You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders."

"But Sensei," Lloyd protests, "you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I froze. I can't fight him."

"You must. It is written within the scrolls."

Mom places a reassuring hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Remember, your father is just as scared."

"Then the final battle will be decided by who is willing to fight," Uncle declares.

"You wont be alone," Kai says. He pulls out his fire swords and steps forward. "I'll be right behind you. You have my fire."

Cole pulls out his sword and steps forward. "You have my Earth."

"And my Ice."

"And lightning."

"We're all in this together, kid," Cole says.

"What are we waiting for? Let's suit up!" Lloyd yells.

Everyone splits off to go get ready; I go to my room in the bounty, grabbing my bow and arrows and my daggers. I pause at my mirror, taking in my appearance.