chapter fifty-four

"father, i'm home!" jiyoung yelled from the front door, locking it as she hung up her keys

she had just finished week three of practicing with jinae after finding out about her bending ability and she was more than sore. she'd love to just go into her room, shower, and throw herself into bed but first, she needed to eat a bit. she had already progressed greatly with air bending and had begun learning new techniques for water.

just walking inside of the home was weird after the dream on one of the prior nights but it was enough just telling the group about her bending and her eyes. if she went into full detail while missing things here and there because she didn't know the full story yet then she wouldn't be able to guarantee her friendship with the others. for right now she would have put up with it.

"i see, what did you do today?" hyunjoon asked from inside the kitchen.

"just went to the trampoline park with my boyfriend and a few friends," she lied, opening the fridge to scan for food.

"that's nice. oh, jiyoung, i never did get to ask. what is that boyfriend's name of yours?" he asked, taking a sip of his coffee as he continued reading something on his tablet.

jiyoung paid no attention to the question and answered without a second thought, "jaemin."

the kitchen went quiet, the only sound heard being hyunjoon's coffee as he sat it down on the table slowly.

"na jaemin? as in the councilmen's son?"

jiyoung looked over at the man with concern, "yes, is there something wrong?"

"yes, there is. i want you to break up with him immediately." hyunjoon said sternly.

"what- why-"

"this is not up for discussion, jiyoung. you do not understand the trouble he and his family will bring to us if you continue dating that boy. i am ordering you to stop dating him, now."

"ordering me? i'm not some kind of slave, you can't just order me around. i'm almost an adult, you know? i can start making my decisions." she ranted, looking at the older man with disgust.

he stood up with fury, "while you live under this roof, you will follow my rules."

"i'm not a kid anymore, you can't just make me do whatever you want just because you don't like someone i hang out with."

"oh yes, i actually can."

"no, you can't-"

"yes, i can and i will. go to your room."

"no, i'm hungry-"

"i said go to your room!" he yelled, making jiyoung flinch. she stepped back, afraid of him.

he watched as she stared at him and walked out of the kitchen, listening to the echoes of her footsteps until he heard her door close.

"what's up?" hyunjoon asked over the phone, walking into his lab and taking a seat across from the tv he had placed inside

"we have a problem." the man over the phone said in a hushed voice. "that girl of yours has been hanging out with them."

hyunjoon sighed, "yeah i already know about that boyfriend jaemin of hers and handled it-"

"no, it's not just him. she's been with all of them. they're friends. she's been to their houses and has met their parents. all of them. i've been following her and even got pictures."

"what about-"

"i don't know, i've been too busy to check up lately. but if she hasn't then it's only a matter of time. you need to get out of there. the others and i can be there in ten if you need any moving help."

"make it five?"

"i got you. get everything you need, we're already on the way."

the line went dead as hyunjoon hung up. he scurried across the house, packing important things that he'd need for where they were going.

the man from the phone call and a few others made it there quickly and loaded a few things away. after putting everything away, hyunjoon left for jiyoung's room.

he bent down, grabbing a pair of shoes she wore most, her phone, a charger, a jacket, and left to put them in the car. one of the other men grabbed some clothes and followed behind hyunjoon while a third easily yet carefully carried a sleeping jiyoung out.

 one of the other men grabbed some clothes and followed behind hyunjoon while a third easily yet carefully carried a sleeping jiyoung out

the fun is just beginning

got any theories? 😏