(15) Zera

"Right here!" I exclaimed pointing towards the small boy with some art supplies.

Xaviar and Erza looked skeptical, probably because the boy looked sketchy ( poor to them ) but I know he's a great artist from the novel!

He would become one of the crown princes exclusive artist in the future, thanks to the main character.

Too bad he was one of the side characters who had no chance with the Female Lead, even though they are such a good person.

I dragged them towards the boy and I then bent down and smiled, "hello, we would like a family portrait"

The boy's eyes brightened, "you really want my skills!?"

I nodded then smiled wider, "yes I love your works" I said glancing at his artworks laid out on the street.

He's so talented for being a young kid.

"Okay well can you sit-"

"How about you do it at our house?" I said interrupting him.

He stopped suddenly and gawked at me.

"W-Well my mom told me not to go to a strangers house...."

I laughed inside, he's so cute, cuter than him I said glancing at an irritated Xaviar.

"Well how about you ask her? Tell her that Duchess Alexis wants your artwork"

He stood up, "d-duchess!? You are- and then they are-"

He looked at Erza then Xaviar and bowed.

"I-I apologize! We can go right now I have to gather my art supplies and tell my mom! You can come to our shop!"

"It's okay" I said rubbing his head, " And that would be lovely" I said with a smile.

When we arrived at Zera's ( that's his name in the novel) moms cafe, it was pretty quite due to many people preoccupied with the festival.

And as soon as Zera left to get his mom, I was interrogated by Xaviar.

"Why did you invite him to our mansion? He's a commoner! Why did you rub his head when you just met him! You weren't that nice to me when we met!!"

"He's so cute though, I couldn't resist, and I wanted our portrait to be in the royal hall."

"But why trust a commoner who's probably only a year older than me!"

"Why did you call yourself duchess?"

Both Xaviar and Erza asked at the same time.

"1. His artwork is pretty and 2. I am a duchess?"

Erza shook his head. "You are my wife now, so your are the archmagess."

I stared at him with surprise, I didn't think it would matter that much.

"Oh...okay.."

"Hello great mage!" Zera's mom said bowing slightly.

"Hello..." Erza said awkwardly

"I-If it's Okay with you I would love to have your son paint a family portrait for us...."

She looked at me with surprise then looked at her son. In the book she didn't have faith in his art skills.....

"A-Are you sure you want Zera? He's not a professional or really into art..."

Zera looked liked he wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut.

"Yes, and if he does really well I would like to refer him to the academy when he gets older...."

The mom gawked at me, this should convince her.

"T-Thank you Magess! It would be our honor!"

I just smiled and said, "shall we go?"

-

Zera and his mother Gawked at our mansion, ahh I was surprised at how big this place was too.

"Shall we go? I would love to do the painting in front of the main hall..."

The both nodded their head while I guided them towards the main hall, with Erza and Xaviar sulked silently.

I asked the maids to bring two chairs and placed them in front of the flower decor in the main hall.

I made Erza sit next to me and went to bring Xaviar on my lap, but he was being stubborn.

"Come on! Get on my lap!"

"No! I'm too old for that!"

Ugh! So frustrating!

"Okay then stand in the middle of us and hold my hand!"

His cheeks flushed and hesitantly grabbed my hand. Finally!

"Okay! I'll start now!" Zera said after prepping the supplies we gave him.

I talked to Zera's mom while waiting for him to finish our painting, she seemed like a sweet woman, too bad she dies right before Zera meets the female lead, I believe due to a sickness, maybe I could prevent it for her?

A couple hours later Zera suddenly declared, "I'm done!"

I hastily ran over and looked at the painting, its....