A smirk

C H A P T E R      T E N

C H A P T E R T E N

Frost grew on the windshield and I watched the ice crystals grow for a while, yet inside the car the heating blasted out through the air con system so I wasn't cold despite the lack of clothing .

Ace hadn't said a single word to me since the office. He hadn't so much as glanced my way or breathed in my direction. I had no idea why he even brought me along to this.

The darkness was a thick velvety layer that covered the Earth, nightfall was always filled with the unknown, secrets and wrong doings. I enjoyed it far more than daylight, there was a certain excitement, mystery and suspense that came with hiding among the shadows.

10:45pm flashed up on the LED screen, illuminating the car from the inside. Ace took a bite from his burger and then reached for the gun inside his glove compartment, piecing it together with the bullets and releasing the safety latch so it was ready to shoot. Then he took another bite from his burger. I watched on with irritation.

He went through the McDonald's drive through and didn't ask me if I wanted anything. Nor did he assume that I did and order for me. That was non redeeming, he was the worst kind of criminal - a fucking psychopath.

He put his burger down and opened up the central compartment of his car, taking out a collection of pocket knifes and slipping them into his pocket.

Fuck it.

I picked up his half eaten burger and took a massive bite. Aces eyes widened enough to fill out all of the mask holes. Once I swallowed I slowly wiped the crumbs away from my lower lip using only my thumb and giving him direct eye contact.

He slapped his hand down on my thigh and gripped his nails into my leg, opened his mouth to speak but was distracted by the sound coming from outside the car. Our eyes pointed towards the gym where Antonio was just leaving.

"Stay here." He grumbled, pulling the key out of the ignition. I pulled on the car handle but didn't push the door before he exited the vehicle, so when he beeped the car locked my door was still open.

Once I spotted Ace follow Antonio into the alleyway I jumped out of the car and hastily made my way towards them.

"Antonio Valentino." Antonio spun around on the spot. There was no fear about him, just an irrational smirk. His eyes glanced at me, trailing my body and then he visibly shuddered, probably at the sight of his sister in lingerie.

Antonio raised his fists, he took a swipe at Ace several times but each time Ace blocked them or dodged them.

"Gonna have to do better than that." Ace laughed. He was enjoying this, it was written all over his face. The life of crime was his foreplay and he enjoyed it just as much as the final climax.

Antonio raised his foot in the air and clashed it with Aces lower hip, his balance didn't even falter. This was child's play, I knew Antonio, I trained with Antonio. He was holding back and Ace was allowing him to tire himself out. Both of these men were playing a game.