Chapter 116

The rest of October passes in a flash until it's now Sunday, October 31st

The rest of October passes in a flash until it's now Sunday, October 31st. Seeing as both James and I hate Halloween, we've decided to skip out on any festivities and head down to Hogsmeade.

"Noticed Evans cut her hair. It's only a few inches shorter than how she normally wears it but still. I really feel like she could pull of any hairstyle –"

"Oi!"

"Oh, thank heavens!" I sigh, relieved at the sight of the two approaching redheads. As much as I love James, I do not want to pretend to listen anymore as he goes on about Lily.

Fabian and Gideon come swaggering over.

"Alright, Hollie and bigger Hollie?" Fabian asks, making Gideon snort.

"Alright," I laugh. "What brings you boys here today? Isn't there some big Halloween bash happening in the Great Hall?"

"Yes, but Fabs and I've run out of Dungbombs, had to restock." Gideon says, waving his Zonko's shopping bag at me. "What about you then?"

James rests his chin on the top of my head. "We're here to shop for Sirius' birthday."

"Ah," Fabian nods. "Well come on, Gid, let's not keep them."

"Wait, Fab, we still have to ask her about Christmas." Gideon says.

"Oh, right!"

Gideon jumps into an excited explanation. "Molly's been nagging us to ask you back to the Burrow since you spent that one afternoon a summer ago. She suggested Christmas Day but we know you've probably got someplace else to be so Christmas Eve is on the table, too."

"Yeah, someplace like with her own family." Fabian adds.

I normally spend my Christmas Days with the Potters, though it's only by default because I'm not welcome at my own house. I suppose if I'm being invited, I could spend this year's with the Prewett-Weasley family. 

"Sorry, mates, Keeks is already accounted for. She spends Christmas at mine." James grins, puffing out his chest.

I snuggle into my scarf to cover my growing smile. "I could go over for Christmas Eve."

"Brilliant!" Gideon beams. "Charlie will be thrilled. He asked for weeks after you left when the 'chocolate girl' will visit again. It's quite funny how fond he is of you after just a day."

"Give a little kid chocolate and it'll love you forever." I muse. "Ooh! Molly and Arthur recently had another baby, isn't that right? What's his name again? Pedro?"