Arc 2.13 Zu Tian

Arc 2.13 Zu Tian

"Ah'Feng."

"Hmmm...."

Feng Niao groaned slowly waking up and feeling someone caressing his hair gently.

"Who?"

Rubbing his eyes, Feng Niao sat up. Focusing his eyes on the person sitting beside him on his dark room, Feng Niao almost cried out in surprise when he was met with Zu Tian's face.

"T-Tian?" Feng Niao called out unable to believe what he was seeing.

"Why are you so surprised? Did you have a bad dream? I'm sorry if I left you all alone and only arrived now. I won't do it again. Hmm?"

Listening to what Zu Tian was saying, Feng Niao was a little puzzled. When he noticed that the once dark and cold room where he was imprisoned was replaced with the room he once knew.

Was he dreaming?

Why is he back in the emperor's palace?

Or was everything that he had experienced just a nightmare?

"Ah'Feng, are you alright?"

Zu Tian reached out to place his hand on Feng Niao's face to see if he was alright but before he could do so, Feng Niao dive right into his embrace.

"Tian!"

"Ah'Feng, what's wrong? Wait. Why are you crying?"

Zu Tian panicked when he saw Feng Niao crying his heart out. He was bawling out almost like a child as he hugged him tightly afraid that he might just disappear if he were to let go of him.

"Tian! Tian. Tian!!!" Feng Niao called again and again with heartache.

"Ah'Feng, did you have a nightmare? Don't worry, everything is fine now. I'm here. Your safe."

"Tian...."

"Yes?" Zu Tian lovingly smiled while caressing the hair of his childlike lover.

"I had a nightmare." Feng Niao said sleepy after bawling out like a child.

All of the stress and fear that had piled up in his mind came crashing down on him at once giving a huge toll on his body and making him feel tired.

Zu Tian just smiled while listening to his lover retelling him his dream. 

He just listened and did not say anything while caressing his lover's hair lovingly.

"In my dream, you hated me because I made a mistake. I shouldn't have lied. I should have told you the truth. But I was afraid that even if I told you the truth you still won't believe me. I'm afraid, Tian. I'm afraid you will hate me."

Babbling on and on, Feng Niao noticed that Zu Tian was not saying anything and looked at him.

Zu Tian was looking at him gently but somehow it's creeping him out because the way he looks at him was not just right or he was just imagining things.

"Tian? Are you listening to me?"

"Of course, Ah'Feng." Zu Tian smiled widely.

"Then what was I saying if you were listening to me?"

"You were telling me about your dream, love." Saying this, Zu Tian's smile got even wider.

"Why are you smiling?"

Feng Niao frowned not liking Zu Tian laughing at him.

"I said, why are you smiling?"

"It's just funny."