Chapter 31: Team Brawl

3rd Person POV

You marched across the airport, making your way over to Tony and Rhodey as they awaited Steve's arrival. You didn't know how Tony knew they were here, nor did you care.

"Y/N, come over here." Tony motioned for you to stand with him. You obliged and moved over, planting yourself in front of him. "I want you to meet the team." You raised an eyebrow since you'd literally just arrived. When Tony called you out, you made quick to teleport here, you didn't get a chance to see anyone else. Tony looked over your shoulder, nodding his head behind you to make you turn around. When you did you found Natasha walking over, followed by T'Challa who was kitted out in his Black Panther gear.

"Five against seven? Wonderful odds." You pouted, making Natasha shake her head at the words. The sound of something thwipped above you, then someone landed at your left. You turned your head, finding some kid in a red and black suit crouched down. He looked at you, the eye part of his mask seeming to shift like eyelids.

"Hey, man." He waved a hand at you and you narrowed your eyes at the weird looking suit. At least T'Challa looked cool.

"Dude... what even are you?" You cringed, eliciting an exclamation from him.

"I'm Spider-Man!" He pressed a fist to his chest like a salute, making you even more uncomfortable.

"Jesus Christ. Someone doesn't get laid." You shook your head, turning back to Tony who seemed to be smirking at you, his mask open to show it to you.

"I should hope not. He's 15." Tony looked between you both.

"You brought a 15 year old to the battlefield!?" You, Rhodey, and Natasha shouted at once, making Tony recoil slightly.

"Peter's a good kid! He'll be fine." Tony said in a monotone, dragging out the 'i' in fine, making his argument almost comical in a way. You sighed, glancing over at planes as you started to hear the airport being evacuated.

"Let's move." T'Challa said calmly as he started to walk, making you all follow and split up.

Tony and Rhodey landed down in front of Steve. The helicopter he was about to use was now fried by Tony.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Isn't that weird?" Tony looked over at Rhodey.

"Definitely weird." Rhodey agreed,

"Look, hear me out, Tony." Steve began, trying to defuse the situation before it lit itself. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." T'Challa suddenly lunged over an airport vehicle, rolling on the concrete and using leverage to pull himself to his feet.

"Captain." T'Challa said, watching Steve from his position.

"Your highness." Steve nodded to the king.

"Anyway... Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony paced a few steps as he asked.

"Tony, you're after the wrong guy." Steve shook his head.

"Clearly your judgement is failing you. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Tony said through his teeth.

"And Y/N didn't?" Steve tilted his head. Everyone paused for a moment, both surprised that Steve would say that, and also remembering that it did happen. Footsteps began to slowly approach from behind Steve, and as he turned around he was met by a hard punch to the jaw which knocked him off balance, causing him to tumble down onto the floor.

"And you actually tried to get me on your side." You said, an open mouth smile on your face from the amazement. Steve looked up at you, knowing he chose his words poorly as he stood up again.