chapter nineteen

Growing up, Mawra has always disliked babies or toddlers in general. They were so annoying according to her. She'd always try and stay away as far as possible whenever her cousin's daughters or sons would visit their home. She disliked the fit they throw if things didn't go their way, or the way they talked. She absolutely disliked everything about babies.

But maybe she was just being stupid all along. The little girl in front of her proved how very wrong she was, and it made her realize not every baby are the same. There can be some babies, who are obeying and loving.

"What's your name?" Mawra sat down on her knees as she questioned the pretty little girl, who smiled widely at her question.

"Hidaya Abrar Shah." the little girl mumbled shyly yet confidently, making everyone laugh at her adorableness. For three years old, it was a tough name to pronounce, but she did that so damn cutely and perfectly.

"Your daughter is very cute, Masha Allah!" Mawra got up and smiled at her parents, who nodded in response, "just like her mother." Abrar subtly winked at his wife, whose cheeks turn pink in response.

"Hayat, ask Mani to arrange a room for our guests. They had a very busy day at work, they'd like some rest perhaps." Abrar informed his wife, who nodded with a smile. She was very happy to have some new company around.

"Oh no, please don't take any trouble, Mr Shah. We should be leaving after the dinner." Ibrahim tried denying politely. It was only four in the evening, but he had no energy left to drive back home after the hectic day he had. So, they decided to take a break and then leave.

"It gets very dark in the night, Ibrahim. And travelling back at that time isn't a good plan. You should really stay the night and go home tomorrow morning." Ibrahim smiled at his concern, "but we don't want to impose, Mr Shah." he tried to sound as polite as possible.

Mawra just stayed silent all along, she has no problem staying anywhere, as long as her husband is going to be with her. They came to this interior village in the morning hours along with that stupid engineer, Minal, who along with Ibrahim is supposed to decide if the old factory which they bought will be renovated or reconstructed.

Its conditions were pretty good anyway and they decided to go for renovation and in the meantime, Ibrahim has also conducted few interviews to appoint workers for when the factory will be finished. So many young villagers came forward with enthusiasm. All in all, it has been a tiring day and they needed a break so badly.

"You can call me Abrar," with a small grin he continued, "and we don't have any issue with you both staying here. It no imposing. You're here to help my village and its people, this is the least I could do."

"What do you say, Mawra?" Ibrahim sceptically asked his wife, who shrugged in response, "I'm okay if you're okay."

"Alright then. We will stay the night, Mr... I mean Abrar."

"That's great." Abrar smiled at him, while his daughter sat beside him as she observed everything with curiosity.

"Its tea time, I'll go and make some." Hayat got up from the sofa excitedly, "can I join you?" Mawra asked her, eager to have a look at the insides of the house. It looked so beautiful from the outside and the living room left her speechless for a moment. She wanted to explore as much as possible.

"Sure." Hayat smiled, as she followed her behind slowly grasping the beauty of this house, and the little girl came along with them, silently.

Mawra can tolerate silent kids. Silent kids mean no tantrums. She hates the ones who throw unnecessary tantrums. Which according to her was the character possessed by every kid.