° TWENTY SEVEN °

Bimbo played with her fingers as she arrived at Jeremiah's class. Gbenga walked out of the class and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Hey Bimbo, what are you doing here?" Gbenga asked as Bimbo managed a small smile.

"Snr Gbenga, good afternoon. I'm looking for Snr Jeremiah" Bimbo replied.

"I think he's in the garden" Gbenga replied as Bimbo nodded.

"Thank you" Bimbo said as she turned to walk away. Gbenga chuckled as he watched Bimbo's receding figure.
°
°
°
°
°
°

As Gbenga had said, Bimbo did find Jeremiah in the garden, at the same spot where he found her weeks ago, that time she was crying her eyes out.

"Snr Jeremiah" Bimbo called as Jeremiah raised his head to see Bimbo walking towards him.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo pouted as she sat down beside him.

"Are you chasing me away?" Bimbo asked as Jeremiah chuckled.

"Of course not" he replied as Bimbo played with her fingers again.

"Snr Jeremiah" Bimbo called as Jeremiah closed his textbook and turned to her.

"Is there something wrong?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo shook her head.

"No. I wanted to tell you something" Bimbo replied as Jeremiah leaned his back against the cemented chair.

"I'm listening" Jeremiah said as Bimbo let out a sigh.

"The day you saw me crying here, why didn't you ask me why I was crying?" Bimbo asked as Jeremiah folded his arms.

"One, we weren't close to that extent and two you didn't look like you would tell me if I asked and besides I couldn't have asked you that kind of question with you in that state" Jeremiah replied and Bimbo smiled and nodded her head.

"I'm sure that you did realize I was always in a weird position with a lot of people in the class, why didn't you ask me why? We are close to that extent now right?" Bimbo asked again as Jeremiah chuckled lightly.

"What's with the questions today Abimbola? We might be close but I do respect your privacy. If you wanted to tell me; I don't have to ask; you would tell me" Jeremiah replied as Bimbo nodded again.

"I want to tell you the answers to those two questions. Its even funny that they are two different questions yet they both have the same answer. You know Dorathy and Paul right?" Bimbo asked and Jeremiah nodded.

"Yes I do" Jeremiah replied.

"Well we all used to be friends. Dorathy used to be my best friend and Paul, I used to like him. I liked him for five years. Since I was in JSS1" Bimbo started as tears welled up in her eyes.

°
°
°
°
°

"Do you understand now?" Abel asked as Tunmise nodded.

"Try to solve some questions on your own" Abel said as he turned back to his own textbook. Tunmise tried to solve some other questions and she sighed seeing that she wasn't getting it.

"You didn't get it?" Abel asked but it came out like a statement than a question and Tunmise nodded.

"That's because you don't have focus. What's bothering you?" Abel asked as he pulled her jotter to himself again.

"Bimbo" Tunmise confessed as Abel turned to her.

"What's wrong with her?" Abel asked as Tunmise sighed.

"I don't know. I just hope she takes the right decision and all. I feel for her you know" Tunmise said as Abel sighed.

"What will be will be Tunmise and besides she's smart enough to choose the right judgememt" Abel said as Tunmise pouted.

"You sure?" Tunmise asked.

"You can't be worried or concerned about someone if he or she is not smart or intelligent" Abel replied and Tunmise folded her hands a small smile playing on her lips.

"Is that you praising me?" Tunmise asked as Abel laughed.

°
°
°
°
°

Bimbo wiped the tears sliding down her cheeks as she played with her fingers.

"If you are going to call me stupid for everything I've done. I won't mind" Bimbo said as Jeremiah chuckled.

"You are stupid" Jeremiah said as Bimbo turned to him.

"I know I was" Bimbo replied as Jeremiah nodded.

"You want a sincere opinion on this matter?" Jeremiah asked and Bimbo nodded.

"I did hear about this matter, like you said the matter went round. A lot of people don't know the people involved but they do know the story" Jeremiah said as he sighed.

"Abimbola, there's nothing wrong in loving someone. Our feelings are emotions we have zero or little control over. And its normal to also like people who wouldn't end up liking us back"

"But your own way of loving Paul was wrong Abimbola. It was very wrong. Do you realize that you were practically pushing him to like you back? Do you realize that you were pushing him to the wall? You invaded his personal space, your whole life was revolving around him and you also wanted his whole life to as well revolve around you. I kind of respect him, no guy would take what you were doing to him lying down" Jeremiah said as Bimbo bit her lips.

"Permit me to say that you were obsessed with him. You were so obsessed that you didn't even try to talk to him one on one to actually know him. You never did take his feelings into consideration to actually know how he felt about you. In your eyes you might have cared about him but in reality you didn't because if you really cared; you wouldn't treat him that way" Jeremiah added as he sighed.

"But that's besides the fact. What he and Dorathy also did is not acceptable. You might have pushed him to take such a decision but the decision was too hurtful, its not acceptable. You did sacrifice a lot and in the end you lost two dear people to you" Jeremiah said as Bimbo wiped her cheeks.

"So at the end, while I was hating them; I was the one at fault?" Bimbo asked as Jeremiah shook his head.

"No one said you are at fault. I was just trying to tell you what you did while loving Paul. Love is not a crime, what's a crime is the way we love. It could be right or wrong but in the end, we are just trying to show our affection" Jeremiah replied as tears continued to stream down Bimbo's cheeks.

"And you are only indebted to Paul, as for Dorathy, I don't know what to say. As your best friend of five years, what she did is betrayal which is against the rules of friendship" Jeremiah added as more tears ran down Bimbo's cheeks.

"I can't believe I did such a thing to Paul. I feel so guilty" Bimbo sobbed as Jeremiah slowly patted her back.

"You just have to apologize" Jeremiah said as Bimbo turned to him.

"You think he's going to listen?" Bimbo asked as Jeremiah scoffed.

"Listen? He has to" Jeremiah said as Bimbo covered her face.

"I'm so embarrassed" Bimbo said as Jeremiah let out a light chuckle.

"Don't worry, you are going to be fine" Jeremiah said as Bimbo nodded.

"You always say that" Bimbo replied as Jeremiah smiled.

"I'll be there. Don't worry"

I REALLY DO HOPE WE UNDERSTAND THIS PART. A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HATE PAUL... LEMAOOO.... I DONT HATE ME BUT I DONT SUPPORT HIS DECISION EITHER