Chapter 17: Please Sign This

Epona's POV:

I got a piece of lined paper and the printed out photos I took of the designs. I wrote up top as a new uniform petition thing. 

I sighed, "Now I just need signatures."

Of course, Draco had already signed, so did August and Phineas. It was time for breakfast, so I strolled down to the dining hall, paper in hand. I got some confused glances when I headed over to the Hufflepuff table and asked, "Would you please sign this if you would want to wear these."

It was passed around the table, and I got smiles, and signatures from pretty much everyone in Hufflepuff. Same thing happened with the Ravenclaws, and I moved to the Gryffindor table. I was walking around it when I saw a serious conversation going on between the trio. I stood behind them, and waited. I cleared my throat loudly, causing them all to jump.

"Hello, would you sign this if you like these designs and would want to wear them?" I asked.

"Not right now, Effie-" Harry started, but the Weasley twins took the paper from me and signed it. I smiled at them and they passed it to their brother.

I gave Ron a look, and he quickly signed and passed it over to Hermione, who also signed. When it was passed to Harry, he looked me in the eye.

"I'm sorry for punching you the other day. "

"It's cool dude. I'm fine."

He sighed and signed the paper. He looked like he wanted to tell me more, but he didn't. So I walked away. I got to the Slytherin table, and the first person I came across was Pansy. I inhaled quickly.

She looked at the designs. Then back at me, "You know, Potter, I really don't like you."

"Yeah..."

"But you have good taste." She smirked and signed. I felt myself glow from all the signatures I've gotten.

I smirked as I got the signatures and started walking up to Dumbledore. I felt someone brush my shoulder and walk with me. Through the corner of my eye I saw August and Draco. I smiled and cleared my throat at the headmaster.

He looked up at me curiously, "Good Morning, Miss Potter."

"Good Mornin', Headmaster."

He smiled, "What can I do for you today?"

"Um, we have a few designs for new uniforms, " By now the other teachers interests had been peaked and they listened in, "So I was wondering if we could have these be our new uniforms." I handed the photo of my outfits.

"Mm." Was all he said, then looked up, "Have the students agreed to this?"

I put down the paper that was covered with signatures, "Yes, at least most of them. The people who haven't signed don't have to wear them if they don't like. I also have a statement there about if people were worried about bullying, not like you guys actually deal with any bully-"

August elbowed me and gave me the look of, "Shut up and get to the point."

"And no one said that they were worried about any bullying, plus, everyone will still be wearing the same thing as their house."

"Okay then. By tomorrow morning, those outfits will be in the drawers of the students." Dumbledore replied simply, and I hugged August. I winked at Draco, because I didn't want to 'ruin his image.'

The next few weeks went by, the school work getting progressively harder as time went on. Then there was Moody's class. I already had a problem with him turning my best friend into a rat, but he was so...insensitive. There was something off about him too. He didn't feel like a person. Plus, who just lets a teacher bring a flask into the classroom of fourteen year olds?