1.27

Me and Sarah went back to the party a few minutes later. The fact that her and John B spent the entire day together still kinda shocked me, since they basically couldn't stand them only a week ago. I didn't know if anything had happend between them. Her and Topper were still together right, she wouldn't cheat on my brother would she?

Once I got back to the party, Topper pulled me aside. I hadn't talked to him since the movie night, and then he told me I was basically dead to him, so what this could be about puzzled me.

"Look, I know we don't talk anymore but you are still my sister." He said crossing his arms over his chest. "And I know you and uncle Cruz were close-"

"Top, I'm fi-" I cut him of but he quicklu started talking again.

"No, Jess. You're not, I know you're not, I know you. And I lost someone too, you know. And we were all very close, and I know I'm mad about, so you must be too." He said, and I stayed quiet. He was right, I was dying inside, but I couldn't let it show in front of him. He has to know I can live without him. But the truth is, I need my brother. "Talk to me Jess."

"We, uhm, we were supposed to meet for ice cream a week ago, and they didn't show up. So, I guess that's why." I said looking at the ground. Just now thinking about that'll all make sense now.

"I'm sorry..." he said, this is the Topper I know. But he won't show this side of him to anyone, not even his friends. And I miss it. We stand in silence for a bit when he eventually pulled me into his arms. I wanted to cry but I held it in, I wasn't going to tell everyone what happend after they ask me why my eyes are all red.

We pulled apart after a bit, I looked up at him and knew that after I walk away, we'd be back where we were just minutes ago. Back to hating each other's ass.

"Thank you." I said softly. Stepping away further.

"You're still my little sister." He smiled.

"Twin sister." I said, overpronouncing the word 'twin'.

"I'm 10 minutes older, so therefor, you are my little sister." He said. I scoffed in respons before turning around and walking away, shaking my head with every step I took further away from him. My smile grew, but quickly faded once I knew that this was something that wouldn't happen again any time soon.

I quickly rejoined Kie who was now standing at the bar, talking with the bartender. I saw her parents dancing happily on the other side of the party, they actually looked happy surrounded with Kooks.

Suddenly I saw a figure walking around the party, one that was more than familiar to me. I'll let you guess, he had blonde messy hair and I saw him het beat up by his father just hours ago. Yeah, that guy, JJ.

"What the..." I said standing up, before Kie could even say a word as she quickly swallowed her drink.

"JJ," I said as I reached him. "What are you doing here." I wanted to give him a hug, like so bad. But he had a plait with empty glasses balanced on his hand so I decided against it.

"Jess, can we talk later. I'm on a mission." He said, sounding like a five year old who was playing with some nerf guns.

"No, okay. We can't." I said, deciding for myself for change. "First, you take the blame, really nobel don'f get me wrong, but you scared the shit out of me, JJ. like, I don't think I've ever been that worried. Than I see you walk out of the police station with your dad, and be just beat you up like it was the most normal thing in the world. And now you show up with a beat up face... JJ, I can't stand by the side lines and let this happen to you, from now on... no more hero bullshit, you're not alone in this." I rambled, only realising what I said after I said it.

"Jess, are you okay." JJ, wispered.

"Don't make this on me, okay, this is about me helping you." I said, my voice started cracking, I knew I had to break down somewhere at some point. I just prayed it wasn't at midsummer, but I guess I jinxed it.

He shushed me and pulled me into a hug, putting his plate on the table beside us. He leant his head on top of mine, stroking my hair with one hand, as the other one laid on my back. "Wow." He eventually said, pulling away slightly. Taking a good look at the dress.

"What?" I asked as I wiped the tears, that had managed to escape from my closed eyes, away. His hands rested on my waist, keeping me close as his thumbs traced circles on the soft fabric of my dress.

"Yo- just- wow..." he said, stumbling over his words. "The dress... you look beautiful." He said.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I said smiling at him. He might have been covered in bruises in cuts, but with his hair messy like that, he looked as handsome as ever. And I might never admit it, but the urge to kiss him was almost too much to hide.

"Why thank you." He said smiling planting a kiss on my forhead, something he hadn't done before, and the small gesture made my heart stop, followed by a glowing feeling in my cheeks, and in my stomach for that matter. "But like I said, I'm on a mission. It's small, so what do you say, I finish my mission and than we get out of here." He said smiling.

"I'd like that." I answered, he removed his hands from my waist and backed away, my eyes followed him closely. Catching him getting engulfed by Pope in a hug, he looked terrified and relieved at the same time, a look only Pope could pull off. I chuckled and backed away shaking my head. But my laugh got cut off when a certain Kook stepped in my way. Well, midsummers has never been this complicated. Because before me was Alex Wilson.

"Alex." I said sighing.

"Sup Jessica. Long time no see." He said smirking, and I could already tell, this is not the guy I met at the ice cream shop a few days ago. This is a pure copy of Rafe. Rafe infected another kind soul to make him his little servant.

"Well, actually-" I started. But his now obnoxious persona cut me.

"I have to say, you look hot." He said, using the word hot isn't really my favorite thing, and the way the words came out of his mouth only made it words.

"Thanks, but I should go." I said trying to walk past him, but he tightly grasped onto my arm. He pulled be back in front of him. His face still had the smirk on it.

He held his hand on my arm, the other soon grabbed onto my other arm. My arm started to hurt more and more as he only made his grip tighter and tighter. With every second I wanted to get away more and more, but he had other plans as he started to step closer and closer to me, pushing me some place where less people were. I wasn't going to give in to him as I struggled more and more. Desperatly looking around, trying to find anyone I knew.

To my luck, I saw Topper walking by, and with everything I had in me, I yelled his name. He looked around untill he saw me pinned up against the wall, as someone who he called his friend was getting dangerously close to his sister. His eyes widened as he stormed towards us. Grabbing Alex by his arms and pulling him back. Once his hands were of my skin, I let out a relieved breath. Topper was yelling at him, shaking him by his shoulder before he pushed him away. He waited for him to be gone when he turned to me and hugged me tight. I held my hands against his chest as I started crying. I had to get out of here.

I mumbled at least 10 thank you's before I pushed him off, looking to my brother one last time before I stormed towards the bathroom. Where I immediatly grabbed a big amount of soap, rubbing it everywhere Alex had laid his hands, which was luckily just my arms and a small part of my neck. Who knows what could've happend if Topper wasn't there at that moment.

_________

Hii!!!!

I didn't even know that this was going to happen until I was writing it. But uhmm... Alex is not the person who I first thought of him being, but it's fine, stories change.

I don't have anything else to say really, so

Please vote, comment and follow

Stay safe
Bye for now
Xx
Me <3