15 || home

"How was your sleepover with Corina?" Peter asked me when I got home.

"Kind of the worst," I replied. "Thanks for not picking up, by the way."

"Yeah, I had a feeling you didn't want me to."

"Well, thank you anyways." Ever since I realized I had a crush on Peter, I had had a pretty hard time being around him casually. I think he probably caught on. 

"Of course. That's what friends do, don't they?" 

Friends.

I ignored my inner feelings and smiled, looking at him. He gave me a funny look, and I blushed, unsure of why he was staring at me. 

"What?" 

"You have something on your face," He answered, coming closer. 

Oh God. This is not going to end well for me. 

I gulped as he got closer, like much closer, and tried not to explode as his thumb brushed on my face so he could get off whatever was on my face. He finally grabbed it and held out his finger. 

"Make a wish," He said quietly, but I stood frozen, trying not to freak out. Before I could, the door swung open and I jumped backwards, facing the door. The very surprised (and amused!) faces of Julie and Cady greeted me. 

"Sorry," Cady said. "We should have knocked." 

"No, it's fine, it's totally fine." I cleared my throat as Peter rubbed his neck awkwardly, turning away. "Nothing was happening here anyways." 

"Are you sure about that 'cus-" 

"We should have knocked." Julie repeated, elbowing Cady in the rib. The pair came into my room, shutting the door behind them. I could tell that my face was a red as a tomato, and did my best to calm down. 

"What are you guys doing here? It's late." I asked, trying to make everyone in the room forget about what just happened. 

"Oh, well, Peter," Cady said, turning to him excitedly. "I think we figured out how to get you home." His face lit up, but I think mine fell. I put on a small smile - as much as I could manage - and looked at him. I cleared my throat to get the attention. 

"Um, I think I'm gonna go use the bathroom," I said, brushing past Cady, who's smile stuck onto her face like it was put there with glue. I slam the bathroom door behind me and make my way to the floor, thinking about how embarrassing that moment was. 

After a moment, I leave the bathroom, making my way down the hallway back to my bedroom. There were hushed voices coming from the inside, so I waited outside, eavesdropping. 

Maybe I shouldn't eavesdrop because it's morally wrong or something, but I was curious about what they were talking about, so I listened anyway. 

"...just tell her." Julie's voice advised, and my brows furrowed.

Tell me what?

"I don't think I can." Peter's voice replied. 

"No, you definitely can." Cady said, and I moved closer, trying to hear better. 

"You should tell her, Peter. She would want to know. Plus, we're so close to getting you home... it's now or never, right?" Julie's voice was more gentle than Cady's. 

"Right. Now or never." Peter repeated, but he sounded... sad? 

Oh, God. Is he dying?

Am I dying? 

No. 

Why would Peter know that I was dying? 

That's stupid. 

I opened the door, causing everyone to look at me. 

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked innocently, taking a seat next to Cady.

"Nothing," Peter lied. "Just small talk and stuff." 

"Oh," I said, disappointed.

Why won't he tell me?

Cady and Julie shared a "this is our cue to leave" look and they both stood up. 

"We have school tomorrow, so we should probably go." Cady said, and Julie nodded enthusiastically. My eyes narrowed as Julie communicated something I couldn't understand to Peter using her eyebrows to gesture. 

"See you guys." Peter said, and they were off. 

"What was that?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. 

"Nothing." Peter shrugged it off, making his way to my closet. "We should probably get to sleep soon, you have school tomorrow." I nodded in agreement. He opened the closet door. "Good night, Y/N." 

"Good night, Peter." I replied, getting into my bed. 

Make a wish.

I wished that Peter didn't have to go back to his own dimension.

I wished that I could go with him.

I wished that he liked me back, even a little.

Maybe I wished for too much. 

(A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading this! It means the world to me that you've made it this far. I'm on Winter Break right now which means that my updating might be a little sporadic, so follow me to get announcements on when I'm updating both this story and my other Peter Parker x Reader, Prophet! Please let me know what you guys think of this part and tune in for the next one!)