Chapter 2

Jane allowed Grace to pick her outfit for the funeral because she felt bad for Grace

Jane allowed Grace to pick her outfit for the funeral because she felt bad for Grace. Now all she had to do all day was take care of her and Pogo. She now and to stop a routine she had learned over the course of 20 some years. So Jane allowed for Grace to basically play dress up on her and had been acting extra needy knowing it kept Grace busy and happy. But she hated how much skin was showing with this black dress, and how the makeup felt on her face. She only ever wore eyeliner not the whole thing of foundation and lipstick.

Jane walked around the academy anxious to meet her other 'siblings'. Pogo warned her that some may be more welcoming then others, which made her simply nod but was scared of being rejected by them. Pogo had given her some back story on the 5 that were coming but when she asked about the other two Pogo went a bit upset. "Number five disappeared a long time ago after arguing about jumping through time so we don't know where.... or when he is. As for Ben...... he lost his life during a mission many years ago." Pogo explained with a sad far away look almost replaying all these incidents in his head.

"Oh I'm sorry." She mumbled feeling awkward but Pogo shook his head. He was about to talk in more detail when the door bell rang, "That must be one of the children now, let's go Jane." He said it formally as he guided her out of the random bedroom she had walked into and down stairs to see a very buff and tall man looking around. He seemed to whip around hastily at their approach his eyes glaring into Janes soul.

"Ah master Luther, I wish we were meeting on better circumstances. Please meet your sister and the most recent student here at the academy Jane or also known as Number 8." Pogo introduced as Jane waved her hand awkwardly but Luther looked like he didn't trust her even a bit. "Luther..... it's a pleasure." He said it gruffly and obviously to him it wasn't a pleasure he looked to already hate her. Before she could even speak another word Luther was quick to leave the room not even sparing her a glance as he made his way to his old bedroom. Pogo smiled softly and in apologies to Luthers behavior but she simply shrugged as if she were unbothered.

The next person to arrive was Klaus, who Jane was actually very excited to meet. She had heard of his power to speak to the dead and Grace had always told Jane he was a fun person to be around. She was true to her word as Klaus walked in without knocking or ringing the bell and immediately began grabbing things to pawn. Stopping a bit short at the sight of a new face. "Allison or Vanya? You look a bit different then I remember." He said as he grabbed Janes hair and began twirling it between his fingers in interest. "Actually I'm Jane or also known as number 8." Jane smiled in excitement making him hug her.

She immediately tensed up and pushed him away a little roughly. "I just I got a thing about being touched." She said with a pained smile as he looked at her in disbelief. "Oh sorry well it's nice meeting you but I got a few more things to take care of." He said with a wink as he continued to pocket things along his way.

Next to arrive was Diego, Janes heart began to pound in happiness now actually seeing someone she knew. "Diego nice to see you again." Jane smiled coyly at him. He smiled back charmingly making Jane want to scream right then and there. "Jane nice seeing you again." He complimented as came in wearing the same black outfit as before. He then went on a tour of the house either avoiding everyone or to go be a mommas boy. Next to arrive was Allison, she looked uneasy of the newcomer until Pogo explained that she was the newest to the academy making Allison nod in understanding. She too went straight for a different room then Jane.