05. the attraction

You had a story. I was listening. When did I fall in love?

Kriti's P.O.V

The song finished & we parted, then Naman's elder brother, Arjun bhaiya & his wife, Ishika bhabhi walked towards us along with Yukti, their daughter. As soon as Yukti saw me, she rushed towards me & hugged me tightly.

"Chachi, you are very beautiful." she said in her usual childish voice. Oh my god, I'm in love with her already.

"Thank you Yukti." I said & she kissed my cheeks in response. Cute.

"Hi Kriti, kaisi ho?" Ishika said with a bright smile.

"I'm good bhabhi!" I answered.

"And Naman, I never thought you were so romantic." bhabhi said to Naman, with a smile of her face. Naman's one hand was on my waist & the other one in his pocket.

"Huh?" Naman asked her. Of course, both of us are confused by this statement of hers.

"I mean we saw you guys while dancing, both of you were so into each other as if it was just you two around & no one else." she said. Okay, but we were acting. Right?

"Well, I can't control myself around my wife you see." Naman said in response, he was looking towards me & I blushed, I mean blushing on a compliment given by Naman, would be the last thing I want to do but this time, I couldn't control myself. In no time, my cheeks heated up & there it was, a blush filled my cheeks.

Then, we chatted for some time & then, the function came to an end & we went to our apartment. Oh wait, did I tell you that Naman & I were living together, in our apartment, all by ourselves. How romantic. Right? *Note the sarcasm*

*Flashback* (after my Bidaai {a ritual where the bride leaves her maternal house & begins get married life})

Kriti's P.O.V

The thought of leaving my family one day never occurred to me. I never wanted to leave them...I was crying insanely while we were in the car. Naman was sitting next to me while I was crying.

"Can you please stop now?" Naman said with an irritated voice. So rude. I couldn't help but cry more. He, then, moved his hand through his hair in frustration & then he did something which I never expected. I repeat never.

He passed me his handkerchief. At least, he has a tiny bit of manners inside him. I took the hanky & sniffed & cried almost half the journey.

Then, we reached our home & did some other rituals including the one in which both of us had to find a couple of rings from a vessel filled with milk. It is done three times & it is believed that who wins in most of the rounds, rules the house. Well, guess what...I won! Everyone was very happy for me, except for Naman, obviously, he lost. But to be honest, he seemed uninterested.

After that, we went to our room & slept. It was awkward sharing bed with him but I slept in the farthest corner. Lol. The next day, I got to know Naman lives in a separate house, all alone until today, & we are shifting there. Great, wow. Now, who's gonna save me from this devil?

*Flashback ends* (back to present time)

We reached our apartment and approached the elevator. Soon enough, I realized his hand was still on my waist, okay. Kriti, act cool. Act normal.